PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

GARY GRUBB
06-07-2006, 3:33 PM
I am starting a business with my special needs son, and i have just started. I have unfortunately run into a few problems with my new Pinnacle 30 watt ZX laser. When i go to print it comes up an error everytime with the laser displaying a wrench and hammer icon. We have uninstalled and reinstalled the usb driver and all the programs and nothing has worked. We have also unplugged everything to try to start from scratch. Just wanted to know if anyone has incountered this problem.

Joe Pelonio
06-07-2006, 5:34 PM
Sorry, not familiar with Pinnacle. Is there a website for help, or have they given you any support contacts? Did you try the error messages section of your manual? The icon you describe is used differently by many programs, but in most cases it would mean that something has to be fixed. It could be something as simple as forgetting to unscrew a part that holds the head from moving during shipping, or it could be a software settings error. With my system being network connected the computer and laser have to both be set correctly to communicate, with USB it sould be easier. Make sure your software is set to print to the USB port and the device is shown as the laser, as the default printer.

Hopefully someone with Pinnacle experience is on here and will eventually get back to you.

Kevin Huffman
06-07-2006, 5:53 PM
Hello Gary,
I am away on a trip this week. Gary (one of the faithful sawmill creek followers) just emailed me about a post concerning one of our lasers.
What we want to do is, uninstall the usb driver. Open the folder where you unziped the driver too. Click Remove and fllow the steps to finish the prceedure.
Change the port the ZX Driver, in the control panel under Printers and Faxes, right click on Explorer and go to Properties. On the ports tab change it to LPT1 or COM1 or something other than GCCUSB0.
Uninstall the explorer Driver, in the control panel under Printers and Faxes, double click on the Explorer. On the paper tab click uninstall.
Restart the computer.
Install the Explorer Driver.
Install the USB Driver.
Let me know,

GARY GRUBB
06-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Thanks alot Kevin, that all worked great. You are the man.:D