PDA

View Full Version : This story stinks

Doug Thompson
06-06-2006, 2:29 PM
I never had good luck burying a cut turning blank in shavings (cracks) so in the summer I'll place the blanks in a garbage can filled with water. This is fine as long as the water is changed every three days. I let this last batch sit for about 5 days:eek: Did you ever smell pond water... the entire piece of wood filled with that stink. This is one mistake I'll never make again.

I showed my wife the turning... she didn't say it looks good or anything nice but "get that out of here". I guess she doesn't appreciate art in it's natural form:D Thank goodness the smell does go away when dry.

One more to go...

Christopher K. Hartley
06-06-2006, 4:07 PM
I never had good luck burying a cut turning blank in shavings (cracks) so in the summer I'll place the blanks in a garbage can filled with water. This is fine as long as the water is changed every three days. I let this last batch sit for about 5 days:eek: Did you ever smell pond water... the entire piece of wood filled with that stink. This is one mistake I'll never make again.

Doug, how about if you treat it like an aquarium? A small cheap pump and filter to keep the water clean should do very nicely then it would not be a problem. Just a thought. Aquariums used to be one of my passions.