PDA

View Full Version : On to Kentucky!

Bill Grumbine
06-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Greetings all

Anyone here going to Louisville for the symposium? I will be there partly as a spectator and partly working for Vega Lathes. If anyone here wants to look me up, I am not all that hard to find even in a crowd, but I will be spending a fair amount of time at the Vega booth spinning wood and making shavings! Stop by and say hello if you have the time and the inclination.

Bill

Doug Thompson
06-06-2006, 1:20 PM
I will be there and have some ideas I'd like to get your opinion on.

See you in a few weeks,
Doug

Ken Salisbury
06-06-2006, 1:52 PM
What symposium ? Where, When ? You never know -- the Old Rebel may show up (If you are buying lunch :) )

Jim Becker
06-06-2006, 2:17 PM
Ken, the annual AAW Symposium (http://www.woodturner.org/sym/sym2006/). If you can go...it will be worth every minute of your time and any dollar you happen to spend.

Gary Max
06-06-2006, 2:45 PM
Ken you better ask how much it cost just to get in the door---heck I think lunch was $35.00

Pete Kekel
06-06-2006, 2:51 PM
Looking forward to seeing you again Bill. I'll also be interested in seeing the Vega in action.

The trade show (along with the Instant Gallery) is free and open to the public. Probably the largest gathering of woodturning dealers ever assembled and a chance to see and try all those things usually only viewed in the catalogs. Plus a good chance to meet the owners of these businesses. There are also great demonstrations in the vendor area, not that any will top Mr. Grumbine, but all of them will be worth a look.

Should be a good time.

Gary Max
06-06-2006, 4:25 PM
Pete I will call you tonight---I thought it cost a bunch of money to get in.

Tom Stover
06-06-2006, 8:11 PM
Gary, you can go to the Instant gallery and vendors for free but the demonstrations cost you. Close as I live I'm going to spend at least 2 days doing the free stuff.

Thomas Marshall
06-07-2006, 11:09 AM
I don't think We'll make it to the Symposium, but Everyone did have a "GREAT":) time at Tiverton Middle School, Tiverton,RI, When you visited on Sat,6/3/06. Last night at the student class we had some students turning bowls the way you demonstated to them. Hope to see you AGAIN.
Good luck at the Symposium and nice meeting you.

Happy Turning:D

Ken Fitzgerald
06-07-2006, 11:12 AM
Welcome to the Creek Thomas! Wade right in the water's fine!