PDA

View Full Version : Pulley size on older Rockwell-Delta Jointer?

Lewis Perry
06-06-2006, 11:36 AM
I recently bought an 8 inch model 37-315 Rockwell-Delta jointer--it appears to be in really good shape--except the belt and pulleys get hot when you run it. I'm thinking the cutterhead pulley is too small--it is a 2 inch and the motor pulley is a 4 inch--the motor is a 3450 rpm which I think makes the cutterhead way too fast. Delta tech support couldn't help much except to tell me the motor pulley should be 3 1/2 inch and the cutterhead speed should be 4800-5000 rpm. Does anyone have one of these machines and if so could you measure the pulleys for me? Or does someone know how to figure reduction speeds and could tell me the size the cutterhead pulley would need to be with the motor pulley being 3 1/2 inches and the cutterhead speed needing to be 4800 rpm? I'm beginning to think I should have bought Chinese--------

Don Baer
06-06-2006, 11:39 AM
a 2 1/2" will get you there.

Lewis Perry
06-06-2006, 12:10 PM
After posting this message I found a chart on the net--shuld have looked there first--This old man is amazed at what is available --some good and some?????????

glenn bradley
06-06-2006, 4:04 PM
This one's a beauty:

http://www.maloneyenterprises.com/APDC.htm

Mack Cameron
06-06-2006, 7:51 PM
Hi Lewis; Don't even think of comparing this beauty to Chinese..I bought mine at an auction in '96 for $675 CDN, replaced the pulley and a key, had the blades sharpened, and it's been going ever since. I thought I was the only WW'er that had one of these babies. (Serial 173 3216).

Now as far as telling you the size of the pulleys, if you still require them, it's 7:30 pm where I am, and I am one tired cookie. My Uncle who I haven't seen in 25 yrs is coming tomorrow for a 7 day visit and we are going to go the cottage, but after he is gone I would be more than glad to take the plate off and measure the pulleys if you still need them.

You can PM me if you wish.