PDA

View Full Version : Festool Gloat...

Jim Becker
09-10-2003, 12:09 PM
"Uncle Bob" (Marino) strikes again...'just received my PS 300 EQ-plus jigsaw that I ordered on Monday. It looks like a winner and I can't wait to try it out. I normally don't like tool cases, but the Festool is a nice, well-thought out system. The removable cord on the tool, like on my Dewalt DW618 router, is a real plus for easy storage and for when performing maintenance and blade installation. For those of you that have been considering, remember the promotional pricing ends this month...

I'll write up a full review when I have the opportunity. Bob is also coming on Friday to "play in my sandbox", so I'll have to report on that, too... :D

Christian Aufreiter
09-10-2003, 1:31 PM
Hi Jim,

congrats to your new toy!
I bet you'll love it. Hope to see some pics of your meeting with Bob Marino.
One day I must fly over to you guys and meet you personally!

Regards,

Christian

Jim Becker
09-10-2003, 1:40 PM
Hi Jim,

congrats to your new toy!
I bet you'll love it. Hope to see some pics of your meeting with Bob Marino.
One day I must fly over to you guys and meet you personally!

Regards,

Christian

Thanks, Christian.

If I weren't married with the requisite responsibilities ( :D ), I might have accepted a nice six month assignment down your way this summer...one of my peers from the left-coast took it, however, and is having a blast.

John Weber
09-10-2003, 3:00 PM
Jim,

Congrats on you new tool, it would be interesting to see how it compares to the Bosch. The Bosch is almost always highly reviewed, and mine has done everything I've ever asked of it. Even pose as a Sawall on occasion.

Second, you don't like tool boxes? I'm just the opposite. I have a box for almost every hand tool I own. Some metal DeWalt/PC/Mailwaukee/Bosch some plastic DeWalt. I find them extremely handy, easy to take the tool to a off site job, stores accessories (blades for the Sawsall and jigsaw, grinder disks for the grinder, carbide bits for the hammer drill, etc...) I've seen guys build cubbies for storage and even cut off and shorten cords for easy of use, but I love having the tools boxes neatly stored and easily accessible. I know maybe a bit anal.

John

Jim Becker
09-10-2003, 5:36 PM
Second, you don't like tool boxes? I'm just the opposite. I have a box for almost every hand tool I own. Some metal DeWalt/PC/Mailwaukee/Bosch some plastic DeWalt. I find them extremely handy, easy to take the tool to a off site job, stores accessories (blades for the Sawsall and jigsaw, grinder disks for the grinder, carbide bits for the hammer drill, etc...) I've seen guys build cubbies for storage and even cut off and shorten cords for easy of use, but I love having the tools boxes neatly stored and easily accessible. I know maybe a bit anal.

I guess it's not the boxes that are the issue, its the diverse format of all the boxes. None of them really are the same size, so storing tools in them is an issue for me with the space I have available. I also really don't have the "job site" problem as my house is about 75 feet from my shop door! Tools I use alot, such as my nailers, routers and drills never go into their boxes...they just go on a shelf or on a shelf in a cabinet for quick access. I do keep my Sawsall in it's metal case in a cabinet as I do with my biscuit joiner since I use both sporatically. But none of those cases is anywhere near as well thought out as this Festool beauty. You can be sure I'll keep the jigsaw in that one!

Lloyd Robins
09-10-2003, 11:42 PM
I look forward to your review. I have a very bad case of tool envy. Enjoy.