PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions

James Aldrich
06-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Hi all.
I have a couple of questions.

1: Has anyone personally used plasti dip as a lasered mask for sandetching? If so how well does it work, and how hard is it to remove from glass or tile. Performix, the maker of plasti dip says it contains no pvc. Under there uses for hobby/craft they list sandblasting mask.

2: For small signs made from Rowmark laserable plastic, such as Bathroom, Fire Exit, Etc. What would be an average sale price (per square inch) for items such as these. I have a business that needs a couple made, but I have no idea what to charge. I try to stick to selling by the square inch on most items.

Thank you

Jim

Joe Pelonio
06-06-2006, 1:35 PM
James,

On #1 I can't help.

On #2 I don't do S.I. pricing because the lines of text and any graphics take a lot longer. For example a 10"x12" I did yesterday with 2 lines of large text went very fast, and I charged them $14 ($0.116/SI). Last week I did two the same size with a lot of small text and graphics that took a long time, and charged $28 each ($0.23/SI ). I suppose you could start at a SI price and add for additional time based on the copy, also for holes or 2-sided tape. Then there's the small ones, I did a few of them Friday that were 1/2"x1", I'm not going to charge them 11.6 cents or 23 cents each for those, I charged $1 each, which I consider a minimum unless a
really large quantity. I have a regular job doing 1,100 at a time all the same for which I charge .25 each.