PDA

View Full Version : LEE SCHIERER .. the Pic you wanted!!

Ken Wright
02-22-2003, 8:48 PM
Here is the pic you asked for yesterday Lee ... coup'la more in your email.

Mike Cutler
02-22-2003, 10:37 PM
I've got snow and mud and muck out my windows. I haven't seen an outdoor bloom in 3 months and you get to look at that! It ain't fair I tell ya'. Nice picture, and thanks for the post. Spring isn't that far off and soon my bees will be flying. I wish I could set a hive right in that picture. It was nice to see some color today, even if only on the internet. Take care and thanks again for the picture of spring.

John Miliunas
02-22-2003, 11:02 PM
OK, so this isn't the "Pond", but the Creek is wet, too and I think there *has* to be some rule about posting stuff like that. I believe that qualifies as a "Gloat" and that was nowhere in your subject line! Keith might let it go *this* time, but just keep that in mind for future reference...you lucky dog, you! Grrrrrr....We haven't had a whole lot of snow this year, but getting nailed with the real cold stuff again and I'm really getting cabin fever! Pictures like that just raise my temperature up a few more notches. Enjoy... :(

Ken Wright
02-23-2003, 7:02 AM
No gloat intended ... see my original post a couple of days ago that prompted Lee to ask for this pic.

Kirk (KC) Constable
02-23-2003, 8:40 AM
I noticed the red wildflowers popping up the other day as I was driving home...and the 'pre grass' weeds are out of control. Despite what the groundhog said, I think spring has sprung here in south Texas.

KC

Glenn Clabo
02-23-2003, 9:05 AM
For those who miss it...

John Miliunas
02-23-2003, 1:25 PM
You just managed to undo what Ken *did*! Whew, you DID get nailed, didn't you?! Any of you guys want a good deal on a snowmobile, you might want to check out adds and drive some of the country roads around here. Folks are getting rid of their sleds all over the place. Used to be the guys around here would trailer their machines up North every couple weekends or so, for nicer snow, faster runs, etc... *THEY* don't even have the snow up there! If we don't have a wet spring, the farmers around here are going to go ballistic. You ever see a bunch of angry dairy farmers? Postal workers don't hold a candle to them. (LOL) All's I can say, is we need to try to make the best of whatever weather we have.:)

Glenn Clabo
02-23-2003, 1:58 PM
John,
We live on Aquidneck Island, in Portsmouth, right outside of Newport but believe it or not we are surrounded by farms. For the last few years it was so dry they were starting to turn thier farms into corn mazes so the tourists can help them get through. They were really thrilled to see this snow and rain...but after this weekend and more than 2 inches of rain on top of the snow...we are all saying enough.
Myself...let it snow...let it rain...just don't let the grass grow. It takes shop time away.

John Miliunas
02-23-2003, 2:19 PM
Glenn, me thinks that, by the looks of things, if there is any grass growing there, you'd have to shovel first. I've got a fair amount to mow during the season, as well. The one thing I've still not been able to understand is these people putting fertilizer on, dethatching and all other kinds of nonsense to their grass. For what? So they have to mow it *more* often?! Duh! I blacktop weren't so expensive, I'd cover.....Ooooops. Here comes LOML. Better shutup!

Later....:D

Lee Schierer
02-24-2003, 12:40 PM
All my plants and shrubs and trees and house and road look the same, White and shiny.

Drove home from Syracuse yesterday, part of the road could have held an NHL hockey game. Did see a couple of people sitting in the "stannds" watching the game.

Lee