PDA

View Full Version : engraving a document

Dennis Kotlowski
06-06-2006, 5:29 AM
Does anybody know how to remove the pixels around the wording in a copy of a document. I am doing a diploma for somebody and I can not seem to get rid of the pixels in the background. I have done this before and it worked out fine. I scanned in a photo copy of the document. Any help here would be appreciated.
Denny K.

Joe Pelonio
06-06-2006, 7:51 AM
A scan of a photocopy can be messy. First, if you see spots you can try whiteout on the copy before scanning. Then you can try scanning at a little lower resolution. After scanning use Photopaint or similar program
to adjust the brightness(+) and contrast(-) until the background looks clean. You could also use the Photopaint eraser, or even add white shapes
with no outlines to block them.

Pete Thomas
06-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Open in Corel Paint or any paint program and just erase the unwanted areas. I do this all the time. I've have even touched up images after photograv has processed them.

-pete

Brent Brod
06-08-2006, 7:04 PM
In Corel Paint you can use the magic wand masking tool and hold down the shift key while you click around in the areas you want to keep. Once you have the mask like you want it, you can use the erase tool to clear up the rest of it. You can toggle the mask invert to add/subtract from the areas you want to keep if the wand tool is not precise enough.