PDA

View Full Version : A fun project from LaserBuzz

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-05-2006, 8:11 PM
Here is a fun project you may want to try, if I have attached it correctly? I have also included a picture to show what it should look like done.

The project is made from 1/8" Baltic Birch, but any .125 substrate should work. :)

No feedback makes a person feel unappreciated:rolleyes:

Barbara Buhse
06-07-2006, 3:36 PM
Thanks Tom! This is great.. thanks for posting!

Barbara

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-07-2006, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback Barbara, I wasn't sure if anyone enjoyed projects such as these on this site. We try to just design profitable products, but I like to design these fun projects once in a while. Besides, it makes the grandchildren smile when I make them one:)

Here are a couple more I have made up.

Mark Sadowski
06-07-2006, 10:33 PM
I can't seem to download the attachment, is there some kind of trick to it. Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

Gary Shoemake
06-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Right click on the link and use "Save Target as" it will save as an HTML file that Corel can open.

Shaddy Dedmore
06-08-2006, 2:20 AM
For me (mozilla firefox) I choose "Save Link As" and it always comes up "attachment.php" I change that to be "filename.cdr" or "filename.zip" whatever it happens to be, and it saves it correctly. This is the only site that happens on, but it's not that tough of a work around once you get it down.

Buzz, your stuff is great. It's nice to have some display items that you can have that shows off what a laser and some time can do. Or it's even better when you can do something like that and give away as gifts. Some of the things that take forever to put together wouldn't be a good moneymaker like you elude to, but it sure would make a great gift. I made a cribbage board a while back, MAN, that took a long time to drill holes (I need a CNC next) but it was a good gift for my nephew.
(I posted here about it, Here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=13840) and Here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=15100)
for template and finished product)

PS I'm checking some neighborhood pet-vets and doggie day cares to see the possibility of my selling dog tags and ornaments though them. if it looks like a big enough work flow, i'm going to invest in your Dog laser stuff. It's a great idea you had, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.

Shaddy

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-08-2006, 8:55 AM
I will be releasing the F-15 soon, but because of the car assembly instructions not being perfect I sent the design to a gentleman that said he would beta test the assembly and make corrections for me. I love making the designs but hate doing the assembly instructions:(

New 3 story Doll House.

Jeff Chumbley
06-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Tom, love the dollhouse. Is it available for purchase? My grand daughter would love it.

Jeff

Jeff Chumbley
06-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Tom, love the dollhouse. Is it available for purchase? My grand daughter would love it.

Jeff

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-09-2006, 1:24 PM
Hi Jeff,
Yes, I am going to sell the Doll House patterns. I'm trying to perfect the assembly directions. I find it easier to design then write instructions for assembly. I have two designs done so far.

Leigh Costello
06-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Hi Tom (Buzz),
My husband Jim and I met you at the NBM Indy show and have really been looking into the lasers - Universal and Epilog. Now we are patiently awaiting our in-house demonstration from our Epilog dealer. I can't wait to purchase the plans for the dollhouse and am looking forward to purchasing some of your other amazing design packs. Thanks for all of the great info and you time spent educating us.
Leigh and Jim Costello

George M. Perzel
06-11-2006, 7:42 AM
Hi Tom;
I saw mnetioned that you have design packs for sale-do you have a website where they are available? Thanks- great car project-my grandson loves it!
george

Pete Simmons
06-11-2006, 8:14 AM
Take a look at

LaserBuzz.com

I am think of getting the dog pack. Lotza dogs around here that are treated better than most people. Maybe those owners would like a wood tribute for their wall??

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-11-2006, 6:26 PM
Hi George,
Our web site is www.LaserBuzz.com (http://www.LaserBuzz.com) all of the product designs we have available are for higher production items rather than the fun projects I share with some readers. I am not sure I can even put my web site in this thread I was informed we could not have it part of my signature. Nice to have the positive feedback. I just finished the prototype of a Holland Windmill. I plan to make a laser cut chopper motorcycle next:)

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-11-2006, 6:31 PM
Dogs is a great selling package, I always say if you get a person emotionally attached to your product, then 50% of your sale is done, now how much do they want to spend is the only hurdle!

Hint: The 1D package is the best for the dog designs, I am told the picture frames and ornaments sell the best.

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-11-2006, 6:38 PM
I hope you find the right laser for you! This is a fun and exciting time to be getting into the business, I believe you will see more & more stand alone Laser entrepreneurs as time passes on. I also believe you will see many new items and ideas as this industry grows. Nice meeting both of you!

Greg Sloan
06-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Hi Tom,

Thanks so much for posting the car design. I had alittle trouble getting it together, but that was me and the wood I used I'm sure. I used a 12 X 24 piece of veenered maple. A little to soft I think, I broke a couple of pieces getting it together. But again that was me. Where do you purchase Baltic Birch Plywood. Laser Bits?

I look forward to the F-15!

Great Job Tom,

Thanks again

Gary Shoemake
06-11-2006, 11:38 PM
I got mine from this site. http://www.memphishardwoodlumber.com/. Nice wood and reasonable fast shipping also.

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-12-2006, 9:07 AM
Usually you can find Baltic Birch locally at a lumber yard that sells to cabinet makers. In Atlanta, GA I buy our Baltic Birch in 5' X 5' sheets for $7.33. The reason I tell you the price is for negotiation purposes in your area. Basically we pay less than .30 cents per square foot. You should be able to attain Baltic Birch for under .50 cents a square foot if you buy directly.

Greg Sloan
06-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Gary and Tom

Thanks for the info. I'll order some today and try the car again.

Thanks again,

Ed Lang
06-12-2006, 8:55 PM
I just cut the F-15 for my 11 year old son. He is so excited I don't think he will go to sleep tonight:eek: .

Wow is all I can say too.

I think I need to order a unit of 1/8" baltic ply now:D

OK, Buzz, you sure do know how to "set the hook". I cannot wait to order some of your other projects.

Thanks.

Shaddy Dedmore
06-12-2006, 9:41 PM
I just cut the F-15 for my 11 year old son. He is so excited I don't think he will go to sleep tonight:eek: .

Where'd you get that one? I've been keeping my eyes peeled but I've just seen the car one.

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-12-2006, 11:50 PM
I posted the F-15 to our web site e-mail newsletter first. I have also sent it to EE forum for upload, maybe it will be put out tomorrow. They upload for me so I do not have to use space up.

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-12-2006, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback Ed, it sort of eggs me on to create more stuff:rolleyes: I plan on creating a laser cut Chopper Motorcycle next, right after I perfect the assembly instructions on the Doll Houses (that's the part I hate)

Shaddy Dedmore
06-13-2006, 1:50 AM
Thanks for the info Buzz. I didn't notice the Newsletter before, but I just signed up.

So, how do you start one of your designs? Do you sketch on paper or use the PC? Do you try and perfect it in your head, then go to layout. Or do you toss some stuff on the PC then laser it, just for a trial run to see how close you are?

I'm just curious.

Shaddy.

Michael Kowalczyk
06-13-2006, 2:33 AM
Greg and other members,

I offer the 3mm 3B Russian Birch already cut to 11 7/8"+- x 23.75"+- especially for the laserbuzz tribute products but they may work for others also. You can email me directly to get a delivered quote. Most Russian birch comes in 5' x 5' sheets so it is hard to handle and if you don't have access to a truck and a good table saw, it may be difficult to cut to size with good yield and a minimal chipped underside.

let me know if I can help,

Michael

PS-Hey "Buzz", it was good to see you in Fort Worth and get that DVD on the 3D pictures. We are working on many options to incorporate that into some of our current projects. Will you be at the IWF in Atlanta this year?

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-13-2006, 8:39 AM
Hi Michael,
Since we are in Atlanta doing the IWF would be a great idea, except I don't want to sound stupid, What is the IWF?

We do trade shows all over and we are always looking for new venues, but we don't know what is actually going on in our own back yard, I should be ashamed:(

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-13-2006, 2:12 PM
Gary Thank You! for calling me and complimenting our software. You caught me speechless.

Michael Kowalczyk
06-13-2006, 6:56 PM
Hey Tom,
IWF is the "International Woodworking Machinary and Furniture Supply Fair" There are always several lasers dealers at it. Here is the website www.iwf2006.com . It starts on August 23rd til August 26th. Who knows maybe you can still get in if is is not sold out or you may be in the Georgia dome. Sometimes they use it for overflow.

on another note--- have you been to the Georgia Aquarium? I am having my Daughter fly in friday night so we can go to the Aquarium on Sunday and Stone Mountain on Saturday night for the laser show. Hopefully I will be able to take her to dinner at Bones. Have you ever been there. Their Fillet makes you go UUUUMMMMMM!!! Out of all the places I have had fillets, from coast to coast, I use them as my benchmark. Have not found a better one yet but the quest sure is fun.

Thanks,

Michael

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-13-2006, 9:52 PM
Michael,
I'll have to check out that show for next year. I am booked for the NBM show in Baltimore on those dates. I am doing all the NBM shows except the one in CA.

No I haven't been to the aquarium yet, but I have been to Smokey Bones. I am originally from Maine so I haven't found quite the same seafood yet. Heading up to Maine in early August and I plan on having plenty of good old steamed clams!!!

Jeff Lehman
06-14-2006, 10:07 AM
of making the artwork available in smaller packs or even singly?:cool:

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-14-2006, 10:27 AM
We have put together a smaller sample pak of designs that only cost $59.95 so an individual can test there market and our design packages? Would that work?