PDA

View Full Version : Advice on photo engraving

Abdul Baseer Hai
06-05-2006, 5:23 PM
Hi All

here are a few photographs on Maple, Granite and marble.
Need advice and suggestions on how to darken the maple and accentuate the frosting on others.

thanks
Abdul

Brent Vander Weil
06-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Hey Abdul...

What application are you using to to your photos... I gav it a go with Corel 12, but I have not gotten much of anything to speak of yet... you are having way better results than I am...

Tom Cullen
06-06-2006, 1:22 PM
Hi Abdul,
Although I don't use wood that often , I have seen others mention that they use liquid shoes polish ( black ) to darken the engraved areas of the wood. I guess it is applied using a soft cloth and then removed just before the drying point. Hope this helps some; the photos look very nice but you will always get better results using marble. I only use granite when doing outdoors projects and because of the flecking in granite it tends to come thru on the image, although clip art looks great. Practice with your speed and power settings on a small piece of marble, once you hit that sweet setting, it can usualy be applied to most images or at least guve you an idea from where to start. Your images look good and just need a little tweeking.

Tom