PDA

View Full Version : mod. 103.xxxxxxxxxxxx Sears Jig saw

Vito De Francisco
06-04-2006, 7:33 PM
Hi ww, I have an old Sears jig saw with 24" throat. In working condition. Is it worth trying to sell or should I use it for an anchor to hold a pontoon boat. Since I got a new Griz BS, I do not have a need for the jig saw. Thanks for any comments.

Don Baer
06-04-2006, 7:57 PM
Vito,
Is yours an old Sears scroll saw like this one that I have? http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=22537&d=1123812508

I picked it up some time ago and kept it even after I got my Bandsaw. I keep a small blade in it. When I need to do some scrolling or make a template it comes in real handy. It saves me from changing blades in the bands saw as often. If you have room I'd keep it. They sell on Craigs list for 50-75 dollars. For me it still is a usefull tool.

Vito De Francisco
06-06-2006, 1:48 AM
Don, mine appears to be a little more on the beefier side. The upper arm is more massive and the motor is mounted down below on the stand at the back end of the saw. You make good sense when you mentioned keeping it and put a smaller blade in it. I guess the reason that I thought I'd get rid of it was to make a little more room in the shop. The front of the saw at the upper arm has a diamond plate looking cover that raps around about 7" or so and has a light shinning down on your work area. I will have to look a little closer at the name plate to see what info I can get off of it. Thaks for the response. VDF

Charlie Plesums
06-06-2006, 10:44 PM
I have two bandsaws, but still keep a cheap scroll saw in the closet... it works great for inside cuts. In addition to the fine scroll saw work people normally think of.