PDA

View Full Version : Picture Police Raid Creeker Compound

Tyler Howell
06-04-2006, 8:18 AM
Picture Police Raid Creeker Compound.
I was visiting the North Shore of Lake Superior doing some boat work and stopped in on Rick Schubert for multiple picture violations.

Rick's place is in God's country a stones through from the Canadian boarder, so you know he has serious picture infractions for the police to go that far North.:mad: :rolleyes: :D

Rick's beautiful homestead on the shores of Gichigami, great shop, WW toyls and home improvement projects are just a few of the undocumented gloats he received citations for. Ricks research and attention detail has produced a great functional shop. Only problem, it's too clean

We discussed at length, WW, protecting the earth, small town living and our favorite SMC comedians.

Good food and conversation, Rick is a great host.

Thanks for the hospitality. Keep the fish house aired out. I'll be back;) .

tod evans
06-04-2006, 8:45 AM
tyler, beautiful scenery and a couple of mug shots comming from the "picture police" on a woodworking forum fall short of fullfilling the duties of your office........where are the shop/woodworking pictures? .02 tod

Tyler Howell
06-04-2006, 9:09 AM
tyler, beautiful scenery and a couple of mug shots comming from the "picture police" on a woodworking forum fall short of fullfilling the duties of your office........where are the shop/woodworking pictures? .02 tod
Tod,
Those are the duties of the owner.
Rick has been cited and is in double secret probation.:mad:
If his unlawful behavior continues, penalties will be more sever.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-04-2006, 10:29 AM
I suspect the head Photo Cop is very discriminating on who and where he visits for said citations! I can't say as I'd blame him! Beautiful country! I've made two 10 day fishing trips to the chain of lakes north of there! We put in north of Ely, MN and fished both Canadian and US waters! Gorgeous country........Beautiful water..........wildlife.........definitely some of God's country!

Tyler Howell
06-04-2006, 11:25 AM
I suspect the head Photo Cop is very discriminating on who and where he visits for said citations! I can't say as I'd blame him! Beautiful country! I've made two 10 day fishing trips to the chain of lakes north of there! We put in north of Ely, MN and fished both Canadian and US waters! Gorgeous country........Beautiful water..........wildlife.........definitely some of God's country!
Roll out the red carpet Ken!
When I'm working or playing in your area I'll come out and try to find out why that shop isn't finished yet:rolleyes: :D

Ken Fitzgerald
06-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Tyler ....the reason the shop hasn't been finished yet .......collateral damage from the "BOMB"!:rolleyes:

Ken Fitzgerald
06-04-2006, 11:29 AM
BTW Tyler..............Do I have to go purchase Red Carpet? We've always got an extra plate, room at the table and an extra bed!

tod evans
06-04-2006, 11:32 AM
BTW Tyler..............Do I have to go purchase Red Carpet? We've always got an extra plate, room at the table and an extra bed!

me thinks with this statement you`ve earned tylers complete loylity and forgiveness for no carpet, let alone red:)

Ken Fitzgerald
06-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Tod........we've got carpet...........just not red.....we do have burgandy in one bathroom....but no red!

Tyler Howell
06-04-2006, 1:07 PM
How far are you from Sun Valley??? Love that place;)

Ken Fitzgerald
06-04-2006, 1:15 PM
Air miles about 200...........by road about 280 or so. We are about 110 miles south of Spokane WA.

Boise is 260 miles south......The Canadian border is about 190 miles north IIRC..........Seattle and Portland are about 300 miles west.

Lewiston is in the Pacific time zone due to it's closeness to Spokane I suppose.

When you look at a map.....where the eastern corners of Oregon and Washington come together.......I cross the Snake River from Lewiston Idaho to Clarkston Washington and then go 40 miles south to Oregon.

John Miliunas
06-04-2006, 4:04 PM
Wow, looks to be wonderful country! Bet it was a great visit, Tyler. :) I do note, however, that once again you chose to stand in some sort of depression in the ground there! Strange how it always seems to work out that way! :eek: :D :cool:

Andy Hoyt
06-04-2006, 4:24 PM
Wow, looks to be wonderful country! Bet it was a great visit, Tyler. :) I do note, however, that once again you chose to stand in some sort of depression in the ground there! Strange how it always seems to work out that way! :eek: :D :cool:

John - that was some subliminable marketing by Tyler. He knew Ken would offer a plate, but didn't want to alarm him as to what size plate would be required.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-04-2006, 4:26 PM
Once again.....this Ken in Idaho.....looking down.....just shaking his head!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Ken Fitzgerald
06-04-2006, 4:46 PM
BTW.............You'll always find the carpet rolled out here for Creekers! It just may not be red........;)

Fred Voorhees
06-04-2006, 7:55 PM
Tod,
Those are the duties of the owner.
Rick has been cited and is in double secret probation.:mad:
If his unlawful behavior continues, penalties will be more sever.
Dang Tyler, you are always good for a laugh!!!!:D And Rick, all I can say is.......man, that place makes me want to grab my fishing rod and head your way. Great looking place.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-04-2006, 8:04 PM
Fred.......based on Tyler's description I suspect this isn't too far from the Quitico Provincial Parkl. If so.........the walleye and large mouth bass fishing is unbelieveable. It was in my two trips!

Frank Chaffee
06-04-2006, 9:03 PM
Hey Rick,
You have indeed been remiss in the pic department and fully deserve the double secret probationary measures meted out by the Superintendent of Pic Police Officers, Sir Tyler Howell. As a lower level enforcer I am not privy to your entire file, but from the secrecy surrounding your case I can only assume that your infractions of SMC decorum have been onerous indeed.

I still intend to visit my dear lovely friend in Grand Portage this year before I move back to Arizona, so be forewarned that Tyler’s seventh deputy will be in your area, and will likely be assigned to do the follow-up report ascertaining the quality and acceptability your upcoming thread detailing your workshop and idyllic domicile.

Later Rick,
Frank

P.S. Fred Voorhees, off the shores of Lake Gichigami the waters are so cold that a ten foot pole will shrink to six inches! Interpolate that before you select rods for the trip

Rick Schubert
06-07-2006, 12:40 AM
Wow. Just found this thread. I didn't know I was under such an attack. But Tyler caught me red-handed. I confess!

I tried to expain to Tyler that up until 3 months ago we didn't even own a digital camera, but he didn't seem to care at all. Next time our digital camera is up here I'll get some pics of my shop posted. I promise. Hopefully that will get me off probation.

Despite the abuse, we had a great visit. Only problem was we didn't have time to get out in the canoe. But we worked on the world's problems, ate some good food and talked a lot about woodworking and sailing. It was fun showing off my new shop to someone who didn't say: "That looks cool. What is it?" pointing to the planer.

Frank: I'm looking forward to your visit and hope I can meet your friend in Portage. Sounds like if I don't get those pics soon and Tyler's seventh deputy shows up, I'll never live it down!

Tyler: Shop is a little messier now. I've made a lot of progress on those four cutting boards. But now I'm to the point of cutting the curved corners and using the router to roundover the edges - all new stuff for this rookie!

All: I would welcome any and all Creeker visits. And BTW, the fishing is pretty good up here in the land of nine months of winter and three months of bad skiing.

Thanks to all for helping me correct my errant ways!

Rick