PDA

View Full Version : Woodwork Magazine

Mark Singer
06-03-2006, 10:14 PM
The last issue of Woodwork is worthy of attention! It is titled "Special Issue" and it really is....great articles interviews ...how to build....carving techniques....bent lamination...Hank Gilpin and Peter Pierobon are interviewed. The projects are fresh and inspiring....and I don't love everyone, but there are some great ones and with each their own personality.
Gilpin's rememberance of Frid is accurate and touching...... I don't remember any issue of FWW being as fulfilling .... It looks to me that there is a change coming. "Woodwork"....congradulations on a great issue and excellent responses on the letters!....yes there are some people in Laguna Hills with a lot of time on their hands:rolleyes:

John Miliunas
06-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Mark! Lately, I've run into a streak of pretty "dead" WW magazines. :( I'll have to check this one out, especially if there are Laguna area hi-lites! :D :cool:

Mark Singer
06-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Mark! Lately, I've run into a streak of pretty "dead" WW magazines. :( I'll have to check this one out, especially if there are Laguna area hi-lites! :D :cool:
John,
some nut case from Laguna Hills thought that our Nations Security was at risk because there was an article that showed how to make a knife from a hacksaw blade......I may have trouble sleeping tonight:rolleyes:

John Miliunas
06-03-2006, 11:05 PM
John,
some nut case from Laguna Hills thought that our Nations Security was at risk because there was an article that showed how to make a knife from a hacksaw blade......I may have trouble sleeping tonight:rolleyes:

LOL! :D Well, if that wacko is that paranoid, I suggest he start building his bunker now, stock it up and go hide in there for the duration! :rolleyes: Takes all kinds, my friend and believe, they're not restricted to Laguna Hills! :D :cool:

Jim Becker
06-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Mark, I saw that letter about the knife...unbelievable! And yes...great issue. I read it yesterday.

Joe Unni
06-03-2006, 11:35 PM
....be vewy vewy quiet. I'm hunting wascawy wabbits with my hacksaw bwade;)

Please!:rolleyes:

Great issue!

Good night,
-joe

Vaughn McMillan
06-04-2006, 12:52 AM
....be vewy vewy quiet. I'm hunting wascawy wabbits with my hacksaw bwade;)
Well, the judges give the entry from Joe Unni a 9.875! That's higher than we've seen all night in the competition Bob, and I don't think there are any remaining competitors who can top that score this evening.

Funny stuff, Joe. Thanks for giving me a LOL moment tonight. :p

And thanks for the hot tip, Mark. I don't subscribe to that mag, but I'll make it a point to find a copy. (BTW, you been hiding, or just busy lately?)

- Vaughn

Mark Singer
06-04-2006, 2:49 AM
Well, the judges give the entry from Joe Unni a 9.875! That's higher than we've seen all night in the competition Bob, and I don't think there are any remaining competitors who can top that score this evening.

Funny stuff, Joe. Thanks for giving me a LOL moment tonight. :p

And thanks for the hot tip, Mark. I don't subscribe to that mag, but I'll make it a point to find a copy. (BTW, you been hiding, or just busy lately?)

- Vaughn
I was in the desert few a few days at a spa....at 110 degress you get great ideas:rolleyes:

Norman Hitt
06-04-2006, 3:41 AM
I was in the desert few a few days at a spa....at 110 degress you get great ideas:rolleyes:

..............roger on the great ideas @ 110*................like....WHAT AM I DOING HERE;), I've lost my mind ....I've got to get outta here and go back to WORK, "where it's COOL, yes?:D

Mike Cutler
06-04-2006, 8:11 AM
Good heads up on the mag Mark. I'll have to see if I can find it.

I can't get too worked up about about a homemade knife though, when the exact proportions for an ANFO bomb were broadcast to the entire world after Oklahoma City. Including how to maximize the efficiency, and decrease the blast radius to focus the force. Oh well, to each their own, I guess.

While on the subject of Laguna... My wife wants to go back to Laguna. It appears that the sneakers that she bought, at a little shop near the corner of 133 and PCH, have worn out. Maybe this fall, I can take her shoe shopping.:eek:, ;)

Chris Barton
06-04-2006, 9:15 AM
The last issue of Woodwork is worthy of attention! It is titled "Special Issue" and it really is....great articles interviews ...how to build....carving techniques....bent lamination...Hank Gilpin and Peter Pierobon are interviewed. The projects are fresh and inspiring....and I don't love everyone, but there are some great ones and with each their own personality.
Gilpin's rememberance of Frid is accurate and touching...... I don't remember any issue of FWW being as fulfilling .... It looks to me that there is a change coming. "Woodwork"....congradulations on a great issue and excellent responses on the letters!....yes there are some people in Laguna Hills with a lot of time on their hands:rolleyes:

Good call Mark! I agree 100% and this was to some degree, the stimulation behind a post I made last month about FWW and woodworking magazines in general. "Woodwork" clearly stands out heads and shoulders above the rest for "pressing the envelop" and really filling a niche. They have earned my subscription.

Jim Becker
06-04-2006, 10:54 AM
While on the subject of Laguna... My wife wants to go back to Laguna. It appears that the sneakers that she bought, at a little shop near the corner of 133 and PCH, have worn out. Maybe this fall, I can take her shoe shopping.,

Ah, yes...I'm hopefully planning a return visit in a few weeks and was just there two weeks go! :D :D :D Great town to eat in and socialize with woodworkers, too....it's not all about tee shirts and sneakers. :)