PDA

View Full Version : Failed switch on Delta 6in Jointer

Duan Packard
06-03-2006, 4:47 PM
This is the second time that this switch has failed and Delta's switches are EXPENSIVE.

So I am looking for a subsitute.
I am welcoming suggestions and recomendations.

Thanks

Duan

Ken Fitzgerald
06-03-2006, 5:29 PM
Duan............there are a number of online electrical supply houses that you can order parts from. Do you have the specs on the switch?

Duan Packard
06-03-2006, 6:26 PM
Ken

Not yet. So darn frustrated with this switch that I have not even pulled it yet or confirmed the motor specs.

Thats next.

Think a local electrical supply will something that will work??

Thanks

Duan

Ken Fitzgerald
06-03-2006, 6:53 PM
Duan........on a switch there is generally a manufacturer's part number and a electrical rating. If you have a good industrial electrical supply house they can probably take the old switch and cross it to another manufacturer's part number and order one. When it comes to switches they are kind of parts for a car. There are mechanical specifications as well as electrical specifications. The mechanical specs will spell out the physical length, width, height, position and size of mounting holes, types of connections etc! Don't be concerned if you have to order one. You can often get overnight or 2 day delivery if you are really in a hurry. Tell the supply house you want to stay with a reputable brand if at all possible.

Good luck!

Duan Packard
06-04-2006, 5:42 PM
Ken

Thanks.
Much encourgement is appreciated.
Thought I would pull the switch and take it to a supply house and
match it.

Thanks again

Duan

Chee Fang
06-04-2006, 8:51 PM
I have the same jointer , and the switch failed also. I just went to Lowes and bought a rocker switach for about $3.00 and it fits and works well.