PDA

View Full Version : Forrest WWII bent blade follow-up

Lynn Sonier
09-09-2003, 8:46 AM
Back in the middle of August, I was bemoaning the fact that my 3 months old WWII blade was bent. Forrest received it 8-15-03 and I got it back yesterday. They have apparently straightened it. They didn't request credit card information so I assume there is no charge.
I always believed that you get what you paid for and it seems to have been the right policy here.

Lynn Sonier

Jim Becker
09-09-2003, 9:05 AM
Tony and company like their customers. I've always been pleased to deal with them. When I recently damaged a ripping blade (used it to rip a few screws right down the middle...), I talked to him about getting it repaired. After discussing the extent of the damage, he recommended I replace the blade (not a Forrest, but not a cheapie) rather than his taking my money for straightening, sharpening and replacing a few teeth. He didn't try and sell me anything in the process.

I could have bought a new blade from the previous manufacturer, but after thinking it over, chose instead to try the new 20t Forrest WW-II ripping blade...which I'm very happy with.

Tom King
09-09-2003, 12:31 PM
Your invoice should show up in a day or two. That is where I got first notice of extra charges. I'd be surprised if it was straightened for no charge. I've been very happy with Forrest, although my last experience was not a positive one. Somebody in a previous thread mentioned only dealing with a specific person, and I'd second that.