PDA

View Full Version : 2" sanding discs

joe zarnitz
06-03-2006, 11:30 AM
looking for place to buy some at a good price ---tks,joe

Stuart Johnson
06-03-2006, 11:52 AM
I buy 1 meter x 1 yard sheets from Industrial Abrasives (strange url but it works)
http://commerce.riverweb.com:8002/HNLsandpaper.html .

I then cut 2" squares to give a sort of wavey disk. I don't remember the exact count but they come out to pennies a piece. This isn't my find. Mark Kauder posted about it over on another board.

Reed Gray
06-03-2006, 11:58 AM
You can take a 2 inch inside diameter piece of pipe, ream out the inside about 1/16 inch, put an edge on it (60 degree bevel on outside, and slight bevel on the inside) use a piece of 3/4 inch plastic, and press or use a 6 lb sledge to knock out pieces, a couple of layers thick. I cheat, I have access to a table top punch press (available to rent at some leather places). 5 layers at a time, and about 2,000 pieces in an hour. Less than 1/2 the price of purchased discs.
robo hippy

Reed Gray
06-03-2006, 12:00 PM
You can take a 2 inch inside diameter piece of pipe, ream out the inside about 1/16 inch, put an edge on it (60 degree bevel on outside, and slight bevel on the inside) use a piece of 3/4 inch plastic, and a big arbor press or use a 6 lb sledge and wood block over the metal, to knock out pieces, a couple of layers thick. I cheat, I have access to a table top hydraulic punch press (available to rent at some leather places). 5 layers at a time, and about 2,000 pieces in an hour. Less than 1/2 the price of purchased discs.
robo hippy