PDA

View Full Version : Newly designed Personal Web site....

Dennis Peacock
06-03-2006, 12:41 AM
Thanks to Andy Hoyt for sending me something I could really use in helping me get my web site updated and looking better than ever!!!!! Thanks ANDY!!!!!

Some of you have visited my personal web space in the past and knew that it was fairly plain looking and kinda clunky feeling. Well, what can you expect from someone that had to teach themselves about HTML code and the MANY hours I spent in trying to get a web site even up and running. The web development tools are far better today than they ever have been. I've spent about 40 hours on revamping my personal web space.

Please have a look and let me know if you feel it's an improvement or not.

Just go to my Profile and click on the link to my space on the internet.

Allen Bookout
06-03-2006, 2:17 AM
Dennis,

I think that your web site is excellent. I love the black background with the wood accent. Not only is your web site very professional so is your woodworking. Your site is easy to navigate around in-some are not.

A great shop.

I would call your place "Upscale Arkansas". That is a compliment by the way.

Allen

Vaughn McMillan
06-03-2006, 2:19 AM
Looking good, Dennis. What software package did you end up using? One suggestion I have would be to space the buttons on the left-hand side of the page a bit farther apart. I was having trouble telling which button went with which label. I also sent you a PM with a few other points noted. (I suffer from Editor's Disease. It's an occupational hazard.) ;)

- Vaughn

Rick Doyle
06-03-2006, 10:02 AM
hi dennis,

i just spent some time touring your new website - it looks great! easy to navigate and lot's of good information and especially good photogalleries. i can easily appreciate how much time you spent on this project but the results are sure worth it. congratulations!

Andy Hoyt
06-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Well, it's about time! Was beginning to wonder if you'd ever get around to it.

Looks great, and well done.

Vaughn - I sent him an older never-registered version of Fusion by NetObjects. It's a whizzy-whig affair that makes dolts like me look smart.

Jim Becker
06-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Very nice change, Dennis!

Dennis Peacock
06-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Very nice change, Dennis!

Thanks Jim and Everyone!!!!

Jim, I like the look and feel of your own web site....but I just don't have the time to learn all about web stuff.....and the Fusion software that Andy was so kind to send me gave me the "boost" that I needed to do a total revamp.

Vaughn is busy editing my site to help clear up my Arkanasa Typing Problems. :D

Oh Yea....I DO need to space those buttons out more. I'll Git'R-Dun fer ya. ;)

Frank Hagan
06-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Because SMC doesn't allow links in messages, I thought I'd remind people that you can click on Dennis' name and then select to visit his homepage from the drop down menu.

Looks good, Dennis! There are several free HTML editors out there, but most have a learning curve. I have looked at Nvu a couple of times, and it is a pretty easy to use "WYSIWYG" editor that works fine. If you Google it you'll find their home page. Its open source so its free to use.

Frank Pellow
06-03-2006, 1:04 PM
Dennis, I never looked at your previous web site, so I can't comment on the improvements that your made. But, I can tell you that i just spent an enjoyable 20 minutes touring your new web site. It looks good to me and both your work and syour hop are well presented.

I keep meaning to set up my own site but never get around to it. Maybe, this will inspire me to get get working on it.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-03-2006, 1:05 PM
Dennis...........I like your new website!

Barry Stratton
06-03-2006, 1:18 PM
I like it Dennis. It has a "personal" touch! I really, really enjoyed the shop tour! And your work - well, awesome is the best I can do this early in the morning.

Don Abele
06-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Dennis, I really like the updated style. I had your old page http://home.alliancecable.net/~woodworker/ bookmarked and wondered why you hadn't updated it in quite a while. The new one is great. Thanks.

Be well,

Doc

Dave Ray
06-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Dennis, I liked your old site, but this one is a great improvement. I really enjoyed the shop tour.... great place to work/relax. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dave