PDA

View Full Version : Avian flu outbreak in Arkansas....

Michael Stafford
06-02-2006, 9:08 PM
I saw this news report and thought I would let everyone on the Creek know about it since it involves two Creekers....

BREAKING NEWS!!! Avian flu hits heartland of America!!!

A large number of birds were found inexplicably dead near a Conway, Arkansas trailer park. Public Health officials were unable to determine the cause of death but suspected avian flu, perhaps an unusual strain that only affects flamingos. While investigating the scene two local residents were observed pitchforking the dead birds into the back of their pickup truck. Mark Cothren, local bon vivant was asked what he thought the problem was with the birds. He responded, "I don't really know. They have been dying faster than we can eat them." His friend and and former bomb disposal technician, Dennis Peacock said, "Not much meat on their legs but they taste like chicken." Both men were noted to have heavy grease stains and biscuit crumbs on their overalls. As they were leaving the scene with the pick up truck stacked high with the dead birds, Mr. Peacock said to Mr. Cothren, "We need to get more gas for the turkey fryers".

Ken Fitzgerald
06-02-2006, 9:11 PM
Yeah...............I heard that on the news too! They said the men involved said it was the "buckshot" strain!:D

Steve Clardy
06-02-2006, 9:42 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

Well at least Mark and Dennis are actually doing an honest days work instead of fishing and sleeping down at the local water hole.;)

Dennis Peacock
06-02-2006, 9:45 PM
Yup...that's a nasty ol' flu goin' round these parts. ;)

I be we're the only place around that has them there Pink Chickens though. :D

Ain't much meat on them legs...so we just toss'em to the dawgs and let'em knaw on'em fer a spell.:D

Jerry Olexa
06-03-2006, 12:43 AM
Like the waitress says as she serves your meal "Enjoy"..:)

Allen Bookout
06-03-2006, 2:01 AM
Only In Arkansas!!!!!

Mark Cothren
06-03-2006, 9:35 AM
Tastes like chicken...

Mark Cothren
06-03-2006, 9:36 AM
local bon vivant

What did he call me? Can you say that out loud in here? Sounds like some sissy flavor of ice cream that Andy would be eatin'...