PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
06-02-2006, 8:56 PM
Friday June 2nd, 2006

Well, another week is gone. Got all messed up with the short week. Actually been thinking this was Thursday most of the day.

Anyway, what's on the agenda for the weekend? Good, bad or..........???

Whatever it is, make the best of it and as always make it a safe one.

Karl

Steve Ash
06-02-2006, 8:59 PM
Going to the wife's bosses retirement party tomorrow....that's about all that is definate right now.

Greg Hairston
06-02-2006, 9:10 PM
Going for a long drive to pick up something very very very special;)

Greg H

Jim Becker
06-02-2006, 9:14 PM
Going for a long drive to pick up something very very very special

And quite heavy, I suppose...... ;)

--------

With any luck, I'll be cutting up a maple tree with Mr. Stihl and also working on restoring the used back-blade I bought last weekend for the Kubota. Shop time? Maybe. Maybe not. Hard to do these days.

Fred Voorhees
06-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Well I did manage to plant four plants of zebra grass in the yard today after work in the torrid humidity. Worked in it all day and really didn't feel like torturing myself anymore, but it had to be done. Don't know what will be happening this weekend with the rain that is forecast. Will probably spend some time in the shop, working some more on the bar room shutters that have lingered. Doesn't look good for the local Saturday night dirt track racing, so I will have to be satisfied with Sundays NASCAR Nextel Cup event with the guys in the bar room.

Jim O'Dell
06-02-2006, 10:38 PM
First, I work a half day tomorrow. Then I'm going to keep trying to get the sprinkler pump up and running. Will take the pump section apart, see if anything is clogged up in there, then try the motor running without the pump and see if it runs ok, or if there is a problem in the motor causing the protector circuit to trip. I watched it the other day, ran 4 seconds, heard a click and the motor stopped, and there was a small wisp of smoke from the overload breaker.
We've got a friend to visit late Sat. afternoon, then I've got an appointment with the Mavs and Suns tomorrow evening! Have a great weekend! Jim.

Corey Hallagan
06-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Probably get some more pens ready to turn and then finish up transforming my sons john boat. Just got to mount the trolling motor.

Corey

Roger Los
06-03-2006, 12:18 AM
Chores on Saturday and then dropping off my sold car and picking up the "new" bandsaw on Sunday. Since I haven't actually seen it it should be interesting.

Larry Cooke
06-03-2006, 2:14 AM
I'm going to try and finish a mobile base that I started last weekend for my table saw. As usual, I'm making it more complicated than needed but it will go faster and higher than any mobile base out there! Okay, it should let me move the saw around when I need to.

Also need to paint my porches. (I hate painting outside stuff...)

Larry

Byron Trantham
06-03-2006, 7:28 AM
Still cleaning my shop. I will be replacing a corner section of my house with a man-made material marketed by Azek. Aluminum siding with spruce corners. Replacing all of them one at a time.

Larry Norton
06-03-2006, 7:54 AM
Continuing to work on a wall cabinet order and at 2 PM. I have to go to work at Tractor Supply. I'm also working tomorrow so I doubt I'll get much done in the shop.

John Timberlake
06-03-2006, 8:17 AM
This weekend, my turning club (North Coast Woodturners) is having Jimmy Clewes demo all weekend. So not work, just learning.

Jerry Olexa
06-03-2006, 10:31 AM
The BLO has dried for a week as of today so, I'll be padding on a couple coats of shellac and hopefully, have this project done by next week. Varnish after that. Need to then apply hardware. Cut grass yesterday and touch up painting in one of up bedrooms. I'm watching way too much TV now with HiDef. You end watching anything if its one of the (few) hiDef channels. Helped my wife plant more hostas in our shady (too much ) back yard. Lots of routine maintenance..Never ends

Rick Gibson
06-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Not anything in the shop this weekend. Helping deliver the church youth group to the starting point for their canoe trip and then show up at the end point to cook hamburgers for supper. Tomorrow it's church in the morning then go visit my dad at his trailer for a couple hrs in the afternoon. I'll get back to the shop on Monday, the wife's away for 3 weeks so I carry on with the baseboard, trim and door frame replacement for the bedroom doors. After we bought this place we found out they painted over oil with latex, it's easier to rip every thing out and replace it than strip and paint. Still a lot of work. Oh did I mention I'm RETIRED so I get to work in the shop all week.:)

Steve Clardy
06-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Need to be working in the shop today, but with the recent rains this grass around here is getting outa hand, so I need to either mow it or bale it.

Got work late last night one of My Aunts in Arkansas passed away, so may be making a fast trip down there soon.

John Miliunas
06-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Work Job 2 Friday night and again on Saturday. Hopefully, weather holds up so I can cut the grass Sunday. Scored a gallon of General Finishes Pre-Cat lacquer>>>Water borne!!! May just try and prep a board to try it out on!!! :D Hope everyone has a super weekend! :) :cool:

Don Dean
06-03-2006, 1:17 PM
Finishing Doggie steps for my daughter. Drawing up plans for a scrap lumber bin.

David Wilson
06-03-2006, 3:13 PM
Working on the Kayak. Just finished one of the internal seams holding the deck to the hull. I'll tell you that working with your head inside the kayak, wearind a resperator, and temp in the upper 80's for about a half hour isn't fun. Will try to do the other seam tomorrow AM before it gets so hot.

Dennis Peacock
06-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Howdy Karl,

Well, I'm still working on this computer desk that I was commissioned to make for a guy at work. His design with my modifications. :rolleyes: :D One things for sure on this project. I have far too FEW CLAMPS!!!!! :mad: I've borrowed clamps from Mark Cothren and Joe Meazle to give me an additional 14 clamps and then I add in what I've got and I still can only work 1/6 of the desk legs at one time. Oh well, nothing like a long lasting project to help keep me busy.

I also plan on helping my 11 year old son finish turn his first finished bowl. He's already roughed out about 4 bowls and they're dry and ready for finish turning. Hopefully, I'll have a pic or two to post next week of at least 2 of his bowls already finished. :)