PDA

View Full Version : two silly dogs

Ned Bulken
06-02-2006, 7:44 PM
The LOML 'stole' my truck tonight, but I still moved some wood and tools to the house from my storage unit. While I'm unloading things to the shed (it rained on my plans to do a little scrollsaw cutting tonight) So, I leave a door open on the car, as I'm pulling my CMS into the house. When I get back to the car, there is the 8 yr old Dachsie sitting on the driver's seat 'grinning', and the 2 yr old Terrier is bouncing up and down in the back seat! Mind you they're still hooked up to leads. After I stop laughing at the sight, I unhook the leads, and give them a short ride in the car. A couple of miles and many snuffles later, we pull back into the driveway and I put them out of the car, happy and tails a waggin.

Doug Shepard
06-02-2006, 8:42 PM
And I'd bet you never once had to hear 'Are we there yet?' either. Mine's into car rides too, but seems to like walks better as she keeps tugging her leash off it's peg then dragging it through the house to me with tail wagging. She's not real subtle with her hints.

Vaughn McMillan
06-03-2006, 2:34 AM
A while back I was loading my SUV for a run to the local thrift store (a.k.a. Homeless Depot), and had the back end full except for a little 1' square spot right at the edge of the bumper. The smaller of our dogs (the 55 pounder) got out of the back yard, and I found her, wedged as tightly as possible into the little remaining space in the back.

- Vaughn

John Miliunas
06-03-2006, 9:17 AM
"Mitsy", the best dang dog I ever had. A BIG mixed Lab & Golden, long-hair, used to love riding in the truck with me. She would always sit up in the passenger seat. Almost. :rolleyes: I'd stop to run into the store and tell her to "stay". So, I'd make my way up to the store and, just before entering, I'd look back and there she is, proudly sitting behind the steering wheel! :rolleyes: Come back out and, at the first sight of me (by the time the door was halfway open!), she'd jump back over to the passenger side. "Yup Daddy, I been sitting here the whole time!!!! :D 'Course, I'd have to keep a rag handy to wipe off the slobber from the steering wheel....:rolleyes: :D What a dog!!! :D :cool:

Andy Hoyt
06-03-2006, 9:27 AM
I love taking Archie and Marlowe for rides. Being Hoyts, they have finely tuned radar and go bonkers whenever we get anywhere near an ice cream parlor. They're most fond of the old Rummel's place in Waterville because they get a doggie biscuit in their bowl of soft serve.

Jerry Olexa
06-03-2006, 10:18 AM
All my dogs have loved to ride with me (us) in the truck. Must be an adventure for them. When I go on a longer trip alone, I love to have the dog with me. He's so quiet and obedient. Not like most "other" passengers and he doesn't require frequent rest stops..:) We went on a short trip few weeks ago to Indpls without the dog and between my wife and daughter, it seemed we stopped every 20 minutes for rest stop, refreshments etc. I like to drive straight through except for fuel.:cool:

Stan Mijal
06-03-2006, 12:41 PM
This kind of reminds me of a Siberian Huskie we had whenthe kids were younger. We used to go camping a lot and of course, took the dog with us. He always enjoyed camping, the outdoor eating with the family, being in the woods, and sleeping as one of the pack. Siberians are notorius for running away when not on a lead. One time when we were loading the station wagon (yeah, thats a long time ago!) we realized he had gotten out of the yard. We were somewhat panicked until we found him sitting in the middle of the rear passenger seat, upright, just waiting to go. Every time since then, all we had to tell him is we were going "camping" and he would stay in the car with all doors open, just waiting with a big happy grin on his face!
They're just 4 legged kids with speech impediments!:D

Jim Davenport
06-04-2006, 10:03 AM
The LOML 'stole' my truck tonight, but I still moved some wood and tools to the house from my storage unit. While I'm unloading things to the shed (it rained on my plans to do a little scrollsaw cutting tonight) So, I leave a door open on the car, as I'm pulling my CMS into the house. When I get back to the car, there is the 8 yr old Dachsie sitting on the driver's seat 'grinning', and the 2 yr old Terrier is bouncing up and down in the back seat! Mind you they're still hooked up to leads. After I stop laughing at the sight, I unhook the leads, and give them a short ride in the car. A couple of miles and many snuffles later, we pull back into the driveway and I put them out of the car, happy and tails a waggin.
My English Mastiff Judge (AKA Dogzilla) Loves to go for a ride. The other day Dogzilla was tied out in front of the Magic garage, while I was working in it. My buddy Roy pulled up. Dogzilla noticed Roy left his door open. Well an open door is an invitation for a ride, and the following happened.