PDA

View Full Version : Spuds vs a Volunteer team.........

Ken Fitzgerald
06-02-2006, 5:09 PM
Tonight 7:00 pm. Pacific..........Cumberland University vs Lewis-Clark State College.........Lewiston, Idaho..............NAIA Baseball World Series Final.........LCSC goes for their 14th National Championship.........Their win Wednesday was their coach's 1500th win in 1900 games while coaching this college team.

Call me if you're going to be there! I'll buy the hot dogs!:D

PS....I wasn't a big baseball fan until I moved here. What else is there to do? Twenty some different ball fields in town. SWMBO is a fanatical baseball/Braves fan. She's flown to Seattle and Atlanta just to watch a game. Lewiston's claim to fame......Reggie Jackson played here on a Padres farm team way back when......Periodically they have celebrity golf matches and some of the former pro players who played here come to town. While at a neighbor's cookout.......a former MLB pitcher.......Bluemoon Odom allowed my wife to wear his MLB World Series ring. It was embarrassing to watch her cry and fight him when he asked for it back.........:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Ken Fitzgerald
06-03-2006, 2:42 AM
Where were you? If I'd offered to buy the ice cream would that have helped?

Lewis Clark State College won their 14th NAIA National Championship tonight! What a baseball game! Cumberland University of Lebanon Tennesse was ahead 3-1.......LCSC went ahead 4-3 in the 4th inning. Cumberland tied it up in the 5th. The game ended after 11 full innings. The local team won by 1 run! It doesn't get any better than that!:D Both team...Both teams played a whale of a game. It's a shame one of them had to lose!