PDA

View Full Version : Spehar Dovetail Saw

Lloyd Robins
09-08-2003, 10:57 PM
Has anyone tried (or heard about) the STW (spehar-toolworks.com) dovetail saw? It looks quite interesting. Just wondering. Thanks

Tom Scott
09-09-2003, 8:53 AM
I've never even heard of them, much less tried one. So, feel free to be the guinea pig and let us know how it works. It looks like a really small saw, so may be OK for more delicate work.
Any idea on cost? it says to call for pricing...

Tom

Dave Anderson NH
09-09-2003, 9:11 AM
Vlad Spehar is a good and reputable toolmaker from and in Canada. He has excellant pricing on top of the line replacement blades for Stanley and other handplanes. He has had his dovetail saws out about a year and a half now. He used to be regular on the old Badger Pond Neanderthal Forum and also frequents the Old Tools list. I don't have any direct experience with his dovetail saw though. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that his work equals Adria and the L-N in quality and his pricing is quite aggressive.

Lloyd Robins
09-09-2003, 9:21 AM
I've never even heard of them, much less tried one. So, feel free to be the guinea pig and let us know how it works. It looks like a really small saw, so may be OK for more delicate work.
Any idea on cost? it says to call for pricing...

Tom

I emailed them and they said that the price was $80.00 USD. I may just give them a try when the next pay check comes in. Oh, I just got word from Steve Knight that my Razee jack plane is shipping. I can hardly wait! Dog gone slippery slope.