PDA

View Full Version : Turner Interview Poll

Mark Cothren
06-02-2006, 4:44 PM
Are these getting old? I've sent out several requests and haven't received any back recently. So I'm curious is these have "run their course"... It's not a big deal to me, I just don't want to keep askin' and postin' if we've all had enough.

Yes or No?

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
06-02-2006, 4:48 PM
I would post a pithy witticism, but I'm afraid my pith has been removed along with any vinegar which may have been in my system... :)

I really liked reading those I saw. Keep it up, I say!

Steve Clardy
06-02-2006, 4:52 PM
Sure. I read em when time permits

Andy Hoyt
06-02-2006, 4:55 PM
Never old. Never boring. Never a waste of time.

Always fun. Always entertaining. Always informative.

Lots of our fellow participants in this forum have yet to be interviewed and I won't rest easy until they've all had a chance to embarass themselves.

Here's my short list of who comes to mind that we have not heard from.

Mark Cothren.
Jim Dunn
Mark Cothren
Vaughn MacMillan
Mark Cothren
Don Baer
Mark Cothren
Bob Noles
Mark Cothren
Bernie Weishapl
Mark Cothren
Ken Fitzgerald
Mark Cothren
Rob Bourgoise'
Mark Cothren
Blake McCully
Mark Cothren
Barry Stratton
Mark Cothren
Steve Ash
Mark Cothren
John Miliunas
Mark Cothren
Corey Hallagan
Mark Cothren
Frank Fusco
Mark Cothren
Jeff Horton
Mark Cothren

George Conklin
06-02-2006, 4:58 PM
Without a doubt, YES! I really enjoy reading about the other Creekers. Very entertaining.

I can understand the hesitation some have to giving their bio over the world wide web:o .

Please keep them coming, Mark:)

Keith Burns
06-02-2006, 5:03 PM
No if, ands or buts about it !!! KEEP THEM COMING !!!!!! I personally see us as one big Turning Family and I want to know more about my brothers and sisters in this thing we call the Vortex.

Steve Clardy
06-02-2006, 5:06 PM

Lots of our fellow participants in this forum have yet to be interviewed and I won't rest easy until they've all had a chance to embarass themselves.

Mark Cothren.
Jim Dunn
Mark Cothren
Vaughn MacMillan
Mark Cothren
Don Baer
Mark Cothren
Bob Noles
Mark Cothren
Bernie Weishapl
Mark Cothren
Ken Fitzgerald
Mark Cothren
Rob Bourgoise'
Mark Cothren
Blake McCully
Mark Cothren
Barry Stratton
Mark Cothren
Steve Ash
Mark Cothren
John Miliunas
Mark Cothren
Corey Hallagan
Mark Cothren
Frank Fusco
Mark Cothren
Jeff Horton
Mark Cothren

Sure got a lot of Marks out there that haven't reported for duty:rolleyes: ;)

Keith Burns
06-02-2006, 5:14 PM
Gotta give that Mark guy a little break. After all, he is from Arkansas.............:D :D

Mark Cothren
06-02-2006, 5:17 PM
Keith, maybe I need to repost your interview (with a few modifications)...:cool:

Steve Clardy
06-02-2006, 5:18 PM
Gotta give that Mark guy a little break. After all, he is from Arkansas.............:D :D

Break:eek: :confused: :eek:

He's already used the straw hat, fishing, leaning back against a tree, no shoes, hookey from school,:rolleyes: ;) :D fishing break.:D

Mark Cothren
06-02-2006, 5:22 PM
Steve, maybe I need to repost your interview (with a few modifications)...:cool:

Steve Clardy
06-02-2006, 5:29 PM
Steve, maybe I need to repost your interview (with a few modifications)...:cool:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I got the openmouthinsertstinkyfoot feeling here.:eek: ;) :D

George Conklin
06-02-2006, 5:32 PM

Mark Cothren.
Jim Dunn
Mark Cothren
Vaughn MacMillan
Mark Cothren
Don Baer
Mark Cothren
Bob Noles
Mark Cothren
Bernie Weishapl
Mark Cothren
Ken Fitzgerald
Mark Cothren
Rob Bourgoise'
Mark Cothren
Blake McCully
Mark Cothren
Barry Stratton
Mark Cothren
Steve Ash
Mark Cothren
John Miliunas
Mark Cothren
Corey Hallagan
Mark Cothren
Frank Fusco
Mark Cothren
Jeff Horton
Mark Cothren

Whew!!! That was a close one.

Bernie Weishapl
06-02-2006, 5:34 PM
Definately. I enjoy learning about other turners.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-02-2006, 5:42 PM
Uh................Mark.............Do we really need to continue to keep this poll open?.............And .........Uh.............Mark................why haven't you been replying to yourself?:rolleyes: :D

Andy Hoyt
06-02-2006, 5:43 PM
George - You're on the long list; which equates to being in the dog house - for going mustard!

George Conklin
06-02-2006, 5:44 PM
Uh................Mark.............Do we really need to continue to keep this poll open?.............And .........Uh.............Mark................why haven't you been replying to yourself?:rolleyes: :D

Yeah... What Ken said... What's up with that.:D

Mark Cothren
06-02-2006, 6:47 PM
Yeah... What Ken said... What's up with that.:D

George and Ken... you just moved up... :cool:

George Conklin
06-02-2006, 7:26 PM
George and Ken... you just moved up... :cool:

I've GOT to learn when to shut up:rolleyes: .

George Conklin
06-02-2006, 7:27 PM
George - You're on the long list; which equates to being in the dog house - for going mustard!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Steve Clardy
06-02-2006, 7:33 PM
I've GOT to learn when to shut up:rolleyes: .

You got the---------------openmouthinsertstinkyfoot syndrom too:confused: :eek: ;) :rolleyes: :D

John Hart
06-02-2006, 7:50 PM
I always look for the new interview....been kinda missing them. Let the next one be Mark!!!:)

Curt Fuller
06-02-2006, 10:06 PM
I sure enjoy them!

Keith Burns
06-02-2006, 11:18 PM
I always look for the new interview....been kinda missing them. Let the next one be Mark!!!:)

I agree John !MARK, YOU'RE UP !!!!!!!

Corey Hallagan
06-02-2006, 11:22 PM
I like them very much and hope they continue.

Corey

Tom Sherman
06-03-2006, 12:09 AM
I have to agree with the majority, I like em...keep em coming.

Barry Stratton
06-03-2006, 12:55 AM
I love `em! Don't forget to add the "new" guy from Peru with the warehouse/disco of blanks and incredible turnings!!!!!!!

Dennis Peacock
06-03-2006, 12:57 AM
Keep it up.....keep'em coming......that's how we learn more about each other. :D

Vaughn McMillan
06-03-2006, 1:30 AM
I second Barry's call to add Jim King from Peru to the list. I'd imagine his story's a bit different compared to most. ;)

- Vaughn

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
06-03-2006, 5:04 AM
I read them, and find all kinds of stuff that fill out the people who populate this place, I very much enjoy them.

Cheers!

Steve Ash
06-03-2006, 7:48 AM
I read them and look forward to getting to know the people we touch the keyboards with.

I say keep them coming.

Joe Tonich
06-03-2006, 9:33 AM
So this means everyone who said YES gets to do one?

COOL!

Means lot's of good readin comin up! ;) :cool:

Reed Gray
06-03-2006, 12:07 PM
I like reading about other turners, and if you sent my an interview form, I would return it.
robo hippy

Mark Cothren
06-03-2006, 2:26 PM
Awrighty then guys... start watchin' your PM inbox and/or e-mail soon. I've been asked to only post about 2 at a time and leave 'em up for a week or so... so be patient.

I've got a list about 4 pages long of names, so I'll eventually get around to everybody. If you are eager to do one, just shoot me a PM and let me know.

Thanks,
Mark

Jeff Singleton
06-05-2006, 10:59 PM
I think the interviews are great. I would not stop them. No other site has this.

Happy Splinters,:)
Jeff Singleton
Singleton's Woodworking & Pattern Works

Andy Hoyt
09-06-2006, 3:31 PM
Hey Folks. Special Announcement time.

During a conversation I had with Mark Cothren yesterday he asked if I'd be willing to take over the duties as the interview arranger guy. He's had some issues come up lately that are occupying enough of his time such that he felt he needed to lighten his load. After getting him to promise to send me three 22" bowls blanks per month for the next ten years I agreed.

So. Fair Warning!

All of you who have yet to be subjected to this entertaining form of embarrassment have just made the list of potential targets. And that goes for certain non spinners too (paging Karl Laustrop - please pick up the white courtesy phone) who continue to resist the Abyss.

Mark also suggested that I modify the question and answer nature of what he was doing, and I think I'll do that - although right now, I'm not sure how. If any of you have suggestions about what kind of features or content you'd like to see (or don't want to see) shoot me a PM and I'll try to incorporate them.

Thanks, Andy

Glenn Clabo
09-06-2006, 5:01 PM
It's the next best thing to meeting someone face to face...although I'm still trying to recover from a certain visit in "the great state of Maine".

Ed Breen
09-06-2006, 5:23 PM
Please keep them coming. In this world we live in I find great enjoyment in reading about folks I listen or talk to electronically every day. Its a great whirlpool that we prctice in!!
Ed:)