PDA

View Full Version : Making A Decision for Laser MAchine

John Ng
06-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Hi,:confused:
My name is John Ng. I've been reading the messages in this forum and I am amazed how people from different parts of the world shared their experiences unselfishly. I am new to the laser engraving industry. Lately I thought of shifting my focus to laser engraving. Buying the machine cost $$$$, anyone has good advices for me before venturing into this bsuiness and also buying a Epilog or other brands? I don't want to regret later after spending fortune of $$$. Thanks.

John Ng
Malaysia:D

Lee DeRaud
06-02-2006, 12:15 PM
You say you are thinking of shifting your focus to laser engraving. First question is, shifting from what, exactly? Are you already in a business where the laser complements/enhances your current work or are you trying to start a business from scratch based on the laser?

I've said it before, I'll say it again: tool acquisition is the last step, after coming up with a viable business plan and doing market research to ensure the plan will work.

John Ng
06-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Hi Lee,:)

Frankly, I am in a printing industry. However, things don't run as smooth as I thought it should be. A year ago, when during holiday trip, I saw a shop with items engraved by laser machines and I thought of perhaps this could make a change from my existing bsuiness. Just lately, I have been thinking wildly on this idea again and just last week I went to a neighbor country to get to know more of the Epilog machine that I came across in the web. After hearing from the Marketing representative and seeing the sample of different works done, I have much interest than before. However, I need to be sure and right now planning to do market research in my area.

John Ng

Lee DeRaud
06-02-2006, 1:34 PM
You'll probably be ok if you focus your thinking of the laser as "in addition to", rather than "instead of" your current line of work.