PDA

View Full Version : Jatoba Cabinet and Table

Keith July
06-02-2006, 8:30 AM
The entertainment cabinet measures 88" wide by 76" high by 20" deep. This cabinet was built for a 42" TV so the design process started in the middle. The shelves on each side are adjustable. The drawer handles are hand cast bronze with a hot oil finish and the drawers are made of Hard Maple. I used Ebony for the door pulls.
The table measures 40" by 60" by 29" high. The inlays are Ebony.
Both pieces have a pre-cat lacquer finish.
Thanks for looking.
Keith

Keith July
06-02-2006, 8:34 AM
Cabinet and table in their new home.

Keith

Byron Trantham
06-02-2006, 9:17 AM
boy, I really like it. Very nice job.

Mike Cutler
06-02-2006, 9:20 AM
Excellent work Keith. Jatoba finishes beautifuly, but it is hard to work with. The end result is worth it though.

Both pieces are very nice, and really compliment their surroundings. That entertainment center had to be heavy though.:D

Once again. very nice work.

Jim Becker
06-02-2006, 9:44 AM
Really nice, Keith!

Steve Ash
06-02-2006, 9:49 AM
hmmmm....I think I've seen those somewhere.:D Keith as I've said right along, you are doing and have done a great job. The pictures do not do these two pieces of furniture justice, they are absolutely beautiful.

Also I'll bet the customer was very happy and I'm glad you got those delivered without me cause I know they are heavy.:eek:

Alan Tolchinsky
06-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Keith, Fantastic job! I really like the contrasting wood colors. You must be very proud of that one.

Keith July
06-02-2006, 11:49 AM
hmmmm....I think I've seen those somewhere.:D Keith as I've said right along, you are doing and have done a great job. The pictures do not do these two pieces of furniture justice, they are absolutely beautiful.

Also I'll bet the customer was very happy and I'm glad you got those delivered without me cause I know they are heavy.:eek:
Steve,
It would have been easy money for a big brute like you.
Keith

Guys,
Thanks for the nice comments.
Keith

Jamie Buxton
06-02-2006, 12:32 PM
...The drawer handles are hand cast bronze with a hot oil finish and the drawers are made of Hard Maple. ..

You cast the bronze handles? Wow! Tell us a little more about how people with woodshops can do that!

Keith July
06-02-2006, 3:05 PM
You cast the bronze handles? Wow! Tell us a little more about how people with woodshops can do that!

Start a fire with the scrap wood and then melt a bunch of pennies and add....:D
Maybe I should have put it this way. " my customer found these hand cast bronze handles with a hot oil finish and asked me to put them on the drawers."
Keith

Jim Hinze
06-02-2006, 3:23 PM
Keith, Outstanding. I love the ebony plugs... very nicely done.

Karl Laustrup
06-02-2006, 3:34 PM
Beautious Keith. I like Jatoba anyway and this is really nice. Great job. Not sure if I'd be able to part with it though.

Karl

Brad Olson
06-02-2006, 4:43 PM
Wow Keith that turned out very well.

I saw the table in person and I have to admit that the photos do not do it justice, it is finely detailed in a way that is impossible to photograph!

Corey Hallagan
06-02-2006, 4:52 PM
Wow, that is some beautiful work and craftsmanship! Nice job Keith!

Corey

Helen Gee
06-02-2006, 5:22 PM
Hi Keith,

The cabinet and table look great!!! The cabinet style actually reminds me a bit of Japanese tansus!!! Did you design the pieces yourself? Beautiful work :)

Steve Ash
06-02-2006, 8:12 PM
Keith, since Brad and I have both seen it in person and agree that your pictures don't do it justice....will you take some of that $$$ you got for doing this and buy a new camera?:D

Alan Turner
06-02-2006, 8:31 PM
Nce work, but I would love to see details. Any chance of posting larger pix, and of finishing your pennies story?

Roy Wall
06-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Keith,

Those look good..........really good!!!! Terrific!!!!

Keith July
06-03-2006, 7:25 AM
Nce work, but I would love to see details. Any chance of posting larger pix, and of finishing your pennies story?
Alan,
These are the best pictures that I have. I tried to post larger pictures but they were too blury. The pennies "story" was the start of a bad joke.
Keith

Steve,
I can't buy a new camera cuz I drank all the $$$$.

Keith July
06-03-2006, 7:44 AM
[quote=Helen Gee]Hi Keith,

The cabinet and table look great!!! The cabinet style actually reminds me a bit of Japanese tansus!!! Did you design the pieces yourself? Beautiful work :)[/quote
Good eye Helen. The handles on the drawers are Tansu. A guy in Oregon made them. This design started with a 42" TV and I worked from there. The customer wanted many Tansu elements included in the design.
Keith