PDA

View Full Version : SU Materials library

Dwayne Payne
06-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Does anyone know how to add to the materials library? I know how to get material into "In Model" section, I want to add to the library. I would like to add another catagory and then put my own materials in it.

Dwayne

Dave Richards
06-02-2006, 6:57 AM
Dwayne,

Select the new material from the In Model tab. Click on the arrow at the upper right corner of the Materials dialog box. Choose Save as Library... Type the name of the new category and you're in.

In the future you can select In Model textures or materials, right click and select Add to Library. Just make sure the desired Library is the one selected on the Library tab.

Dwayne Payne
06-02-2006, 9:07 PM
And once again that works. Thanks Dave!!!!!

Michael Adelong
06-03-2006, 7:55 AM
Dave,

Can digital photos of a closeup of a board be imported into SU?

It would be great if the Creekers could start a materials repository with a material for each different type of wood. Every time one of us gets a new species, we could snap a pic and upload it.

Michael

Dave Richards
06-03-2006, 9:59 PM
Michael, you can import a JPG to use as a texture, at least in V5. I assume in GSU as well. The problem with using woodgrain textures from photos is that they don't tend to tile very well. In other words, if the texture doesn't match up on the edges, it will look like the texture is made of squares of veneer.

Some textures can be made to tile with some doctoring.