PDA

View Full Version : transmission fluid

Christopher Pine
06-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Just wondring if anyone here has a place near them that will take(recycle) automatic etransmission fluid. The auto parts places around me will all take oil but don't want to take trans fluid.. well I really don't want to dump it out or throw it into land fill if possible to not do that... Any ideas? I thought of this while reading the other thread about septic systems.. :) I did not want to hi jack the thread. One gentleman said he burned some of his oils etc in his woodstove witha drip system will this fluid burn or is that just asking for it? I know it is not somthing i would want to breath while it was burning...

Chris

Ken Fitzgerald
06-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Our local county dump has a recycling center that takes any oil products, car batteries, etc. They are really decent to deal with!

Stan Mijal
06-02-2006, 4:43 PM
check your local community offices. they usually have a "dangerous"substance collection once a month.

Since transmission oil is essentiall very light weight oil, it should really pose no real problem to include it in your crankase oil disposals at the local auto centers. Try cutting in the tranny fluid into used motor oil and dispose of it that way.

Steve Clardy
06-02-2006, 4:54 PM
Surely theres some shop, car, truck, etc. that has a regular oil burner stove around there.

John Shuk
06-02-2006, 6:25 PM
I'd go to a car dealer. They change tranny fluid all the time.