PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Indy Woodcraft!

Ron Jones near Indy
06-01-2006, 9:31 PM
I called the store yesterday evening about 15 minutes before closing and inquired about an Incra 1000SE. Yes, they had 5 in stock and no they were not on sale. I asked if they would honor the sale price shown on the Woodcraft website. Yes, they will.:) LOML and I pick up my MIL this morning, grab breakfast at Cracker Barrel and head to Woodcraft. I walk in, ask for the miter gauge and tell them about the website price. They go the the website to verify the price and yes, you guessed it, no sale price.:( They asked if I didn't mean the V27 that is on sale. No, it's the 1000SE. Yesterday was May; today is June. Sale ended last month. Darn I said; a 70 mile trip for nothing. The gentleman I'm working with says to be patient-he will be right back. He makes a short visit to the manager who OK's the sale price for me. He also says to give me the sale price on the 1/64 reading dial caliper I wanted.:cool: My foolish mistake:o ; I should have checked the price before leaving home today. I picked up a "Proud to be an American woodworker" t-shirt, and told them I really appreciated the break they had given me. My conscience would have bothered me if I hadn't paid full price for something. I'll remember this the next time I buy a toy.:D Giving them all the credit is a nice way to avoid shouting GLOAT, isn't it?;)

Vaughn McMillan
06-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Glad to hear you got the good end of the stick. I'm pretty dure you'll like the 1000SE. And thanks for a post that offsets some of the "Why I Hate XXXXXX" threads. It's nice to read about good service as much as bad service.

- Vaughn

Mark Pruitt
06-01-2006, 10:27 PM
THAT is good customerservice and a store to buy from again and again. Kudos to your Woodcraft manager! I think you'll like the 1000SE too. I took advantage of that same deal earlier in May. The bar actually fit the slots in my Unisaw perfectly out of the box.:)

Alan East
06-02-2006, 8:17 AM
Is this the one just off 86th? If it is I've been there and it seems they are always provide good customer service. Got a few things I want this weekend and will try get them there. I'll mention your post to let them know we can support those that support us.

--Alan

Larry Klaaren
06-02-2006, 9:06 AM
I was wondering where that store is also. I heard that it is on I-69 and 86th. It'd be about a sixty mile round trip for me also, but if I am in the area . . .

Larry

John Gregory
06-02-2006, 11:02 AM
I have always had great service from our Woodcraft. My wife and I are regular customers there. A couple of times they have given us last month's flyer price as well as this month's price by ringing two separate sales. We, like most of you, must bargin hunt to stretch our hobby dollar. So we can't buy everthing at Woodcraft, but we try to help them keep their doors open. We feel lucky to have one local to us. Although Salt Lake City is not a big city compared to most others, we do have some good sources for wood, tools and supplies for woodworking.

John

glenn bradley
06-02-2006, 2:34 PM
Here's another Woodcraft compliment. Bought a few items online, with a coupon and free shipping. A couple hours later I realized I'd failed to add an RP door bit set to my shopping cart before checkout (trying to walk and chew gum . . . ). A call to Woodcraft informed me the order had already been picked and was on the way out the door!!!!

They added the bit set as a seperate order, honored the coupon (10% off) and gave me free shipping. Ya gotta love it.

Ron Jones near Indy
06-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Yes, it is off of 86th street. Take 86th east of I-69 to Hague Road (2nd light IIRC). Turn left (North) and go to the first light. Another left (it's a dead end street, at times more like an alley) will get you to Woodcraft. It is in an attractive, new building. It's easy to see from I-69, but can be a little tricky to find.:confused: If you find the store on Woodcraft's website, I believe they have a map that is pretty easy to understand. LOML says if I can find it, anyone can find it.:o