PDA

View Full Version : More First Shop Pics

Don Dean
06-01-2006, 5:22 PM

Brian Clevenger
06-01-2006, 5:43 PM
Looks good! I'm curious, what size is your shop? It looks like you have plenty of room, and that is important.

Bruce Page
06-01-2006, 5:47 PM
Whoa! You have waaaaaaaay too much room in there!

Great layout!

Greg Sznajdruk
06-01-2006, 5:48 PM
Nice shop. Envy your high ceilings.

Greg

Todd Davidson
06-01-2006, 6:21 PM
Hey Don ~

I, as well, envy the room you have. Being quite meticulous I like how neat and orderly you're set-up. One question, how do you like the li'l Griz drum sander?

In peace, Todd

Don Baer
06-01-2006, 7:10 PM
Great looking pics but I still don't see a Lathe. was that in the shot that didn't turn out..:D

Bob Noles
06-01-2006, 7:19 PM
Don,

I truly think I could "live" in there. What most of us would not give for that kind of space.

You did good!

John Scarpa
06-01-2006, 8:00 PM
Now there's a space problem I would like to have! Seriously it looks like a lot of planning went into that layout. Godd job.

Don Dean
06-01-2006, 8:44 PM
Whoa! You have waaaaaaaay too much room in there!

Great layout!

Bruce, that's why this born and raised boy from Albuquerque move to Yukon, OK for more room as my home town was getting too crowed. Still have a son in ABQ so he can send me my fix of green chile.

Don Dean
06-01-2006, 8:52 PM
Hey Don ~

I, as well, envy the room you have. Being quite meticulous I like how neat and orderly you're set-up. One question, how do you like the li'l Griz drum sander?

In peace, Todd

Love the little Grizzly. Have used it a few times and have only one slight problem. Because the feed belt is soft you must be careful sanding to the correct thickness. It's not open ended so you can't double the sanding withe but its great for this newbie. Also be aware the ends of the sand paper on the roll is taped to secure the paper to the roll.

Don Dean
06-01-2006, 8:55 PM
Great looking pics but I still don't see a Lathe. was that in the shot that didn't turn out..:D

No lathe. Will try turning when I get some experience in basic woodworking.

Don Dean
06-01-2006, 9:16 PM
Looks good! I'm curious, what size is your shop? It looks like you have plenty of room, and that is important.

My shop is 33' x 23'. There is a 7'1/2" x 3'2" floor space I can't use as it is the top of my storm shelter; as must as we have tornado's here.:mad:

Jeff Horton
06-01-2006, 9:57 PM
I see a serious problem that no one seemed to notice of they just didn't comment on.

There is not a speck of sawdust in the place and I don't see a dust collector!!!!

Bruce Page
06-01-2006, 10:23 PM
Bruce, that's why this born and raised boy from Albuquerque move to Yukon, OK for more room as my home town was getting too crowed. Still have a son in ABQ so he can send me my fix of green chile.
Don, I plan on doing the same thing when I retire. I just don't know where we're going to end up yet.

Norman Hitt
06-02-2006, 3:54 AM
I see a serious problem that no one seemed to notice of they just didn't comment on.

There is not a speck of sawdust in the place and I don't see a dust collector!!!!

Jeff, his DC is a roll around model shown in the last picture against the wall between the overhead doors.

Dean, very nice layout. My shop's main room is 25 x 32 and still not finished yet, but crammed full of tools, building matl's & other misc *&@$, Plus some stuff the LOML Snuk in when I wasn't at home and a couple of on going projects.:rolleyes: I can barely move around in it. I'm not sure if I could actually do a project in a shop as open and CLEAN as yours though, because I would probably just stand and stare at it in amazement.:D I really look foreward to getting it finished one day though and give it a try.;) :D

lou sansone
06-02-2006, 7:57 AM
great looking shop. very nice lay out.. what type of furniture do you like to build

lou

Eddie Watkins
06-02-2006, 9:18 AM
Don,
it looks great. I still have your address so I will get out to see you one of these days. I hope you are fine from the surgery.

Eddie

Carl Hill
06-02-2006, 10:10 AM
Nice shop Don. I don't remember the last time my shop looked that clean.

Thanks for sharing,
Carl

Julio Navarro
06-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Jeff, his DC is a roll around model shown in the last picture against the wall between the overhead doors.

And he has plenty of room to roll it around. That is a very nice shop.

Don Dean
06-02-2006, 12:08 PM
great looking shop. very nice lay out.. what type of furniture do you like to build

lou

Have not build any furniture yet, still getting my feet wet. Currently building some shop jigs. Have built a roll around cart for my air compressor & nailer's. Currently building doggie steps for my daughter so her little dog cant get on top of the bed. Next project is a lumber scrap box then I want to build a shaker bench and a bookcase. After this and taking a cabinet making class mid month at Woodcraft my LOL has two projects for me, 1) sewing machine table and 2) gardening bench.

Corey Hallagan
06-02-2006, 4:59 PM
Awesome shop!! Nice job, I am envious!

Corey