PDA

View Full Version : YIKES! Is that a TREE!?

Dominic Greco
09-08-2003, 12:30 PM
<P><b><font color="#3333FF"><font size=+2>Hello Everyone</font></font></b>,
<P>After hauling all that Box Elder home, I spent the rest of Saturday afternoon enjoying some time with SWMBO. It was a totally gorgeous day for a ride in the country. We took a long leisurely ride along Route #29 (River Road) to Stockton NJ <I>(just about 10 miles north of Lambertville NJ)</I> when we saw a likely looking spot to stop along the Delaware River and have a picnic lunch.
<P>It was then that I spotted this <B><BIG>ENORMOUS</B></BIG> Norway Maple tree that had been cut down. This thing was so huge that I didn't realize it was a tree until I walked up to it. I though it was the remains of an old stone wall. It has to be just about 5' around at the <B><BIG>SMALL END</B></BIG>! I had SWMBO stand next to it just to give you all a feeling for the size of this tree. She jokingly said, <I>"I bet you wish you had your truck with you so you could take this with you!"</I> Even I had to admit that I would be hard pressed to find room in the yard for this monster. But I sure wouldn't mind trying! Now if I only had a chain saw that would handle this! <B><BIG>:>)</B></BIG>
<P><p><font color="#000099"><b><i>See ya around,</font></b></i>
<BR><p><b><font color="#000066"><font size=+1>Dominic</font></font></b>

Brent Anderson
09-08-2003, 12:54 PM
Here is your chain saw!

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/archive/topic/131490.html

Jim Becker
09-08-2003, 1:17 PM
Better put in your order for that really big Nichols or Jim Miller lathe for that one, Dominic!! Norway's nice to turn, too, and spalts "on the hoof"...at least on my property!