PDA

View Full Version : ordering online

Mark Pruitt
06-01-2006, 7:47 AM
Just a heads up. When you place an order to Woodworkers' Supply online, be sure to call them and tell them that you do not want the order placed on slow-as-molasses-in-January shipping mode.

I ordered a mortiser from WWS on Tuesday; it shipped yesterday and they're telling me to expect it on Monday when I'm only a little more than a hundred miles away.:mad: That is no way to keep a customer IMHO.

From now on, when I place an order I'm going to have to tell them what they should already know--ship the order in reasonable time. I don't need overnight. I just need reasonable.:mad:

Thanks for listening. I guess my weekend plans just got changed.

Guy Baxter
06-01-2006, 8:40 AM
Mark -

I think three business days for shipping is a standard answer since it is out of their control if shipped by ground UPS, USPS, or even the FedEx ground.

Another factor is the location of the warehouse. It could be coming from the other coast. Amazon always quotes 3 days for shipping ground, but I get most books within a day or two since it is often shipped from a location a few hundred miles from here.

Lastly, it is often not worth the price to overnight anything that weighs more than a pound. Do they offer that option? If so, how much does it cost?

GB

tod evans
06-01-2006, 9:01 AM
[quote=Mark Pruitt]when I'm only a little more than a hundred miles away.quote]

go pick it up if you need it sooner... no freight companies to deal with.....02 tod

Mark Pruitt
06-01-2006, 9:14 AM
Tod, that's exactly what I should have done, and would have done if I had known somebody was going to make a bone headed decision. I would have even enjoyed the drive down US 29. I did call WWS a few minutes ago to see if they could expedite it, but at this point it's already in transit. Oh well. One of those things I guess. Just venting. Thanks.

Mike Leone
06-01-2006, 11:00 AM
so you ordered tues, they ship wed and expect delivery monday, Sorry I don't consider that bad service. You don't know where their warehouse is. It probably has to go thought a transfer station.
My .02

Larry James
06-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Posted by Mark Pruitt - "I just need reasonable (shipping time)."
Mark, sounds like that's what you got. I agree with Mike L., I don't consider that bad service.

Larry

Mark Pruitt
06-01-2006, 1:22 PM
You don't know where their warehouse is.
My .02
Actually I do. It's approximately 110 miles from my driveway. Like I said, it's just one of those things. BTW, the gentleman I spoke with at WWS agreed that the pkg should have been shipped by a different method, and it somehow slipped through the cracks. Live and learn.

Ken Garlock
06-01-2006, 1:39 PM
Just to P you off a little more....;)

I have ordered from both McMaster & Carr, and Routerbits.com. Both are located in the Atlanta area. I place an order on Monday before noon, and it is devlivered to me on Wednesday. I am guessing that the distance from Dallas area to Atlanta must be approching 900 to 1000 miles.

If they sent your order by UPS, they should have given you a tracking number. :)

Mark Pruitt
06-01-2006, 2:18 PM
Just to P you off a little more....;)

I have ordered from both McMaster & Carr, and Routerbits.com. Both are located in the Atlanta area. I place an order on Monday before noon, and it is devlivered to me on Wednesday. I am guessing that the distance from Dallas area to Atlanta must be approching 900 to 1000 miles.

If they sent your order by UPS, they should have given you a tracking number. :)

LOL!:p I've gotten the same kind of service out of WWS before--actually that's the norm for them. This one instance will not turn me against them. BTW, if they had shipped it UPS I would have it on Friday. (Their words not mine.) Instead of the Men in Brown, I'm getting the Men in Orange and Blue. (Or is it Orange and Purple? Or Green and Purple? Who knows? Who cares?) Funny you should mention Atlanta. That's where my pkg is at this point. That's like going from Orlando to Dallas to get to Charlotte. Comical.