PDA

View Full Version : Corel Merge Problem

Doug McIntyre
06-01-2006, 6:01 AM
The Berry Basket has many very good patterns but when it comes to a complex drawing on 2 separate pages that need to be merged into one drawing for vector cutting I usually manage to do it but not without difficulty. The problem usually lies with the overlaps and the difficulties of eliminating the unwanted bits. Some have dividing lines at the joins which also cause problems.

Am I missing something something? - is there an easy way?

Dave Fifield
06-01-2006, 6:08 AM
Hi Doug,

I haven't tried to do anything like that yet, but I have an idea that you might have good luck using one of the photography programs that join together sequential photos to form a single large panoramic view picture. My guess would be that kind of software would have no trouble finding the joins and making them meet.

Has anyone tried this?

I have a program for this (for my Olympus E1 digital camera) - if you'd care to post a design for me to try, I'd gladly give it a go to see if it works.

Cheers,
Dave F.

Doug McIntyre
06-01-2006, 6:44 AM
Dave,
Don't know if you're familiar with the Berry Basket drawings but they are supplied in .pdf format and they can be imported into Corel as vectors more or less ready for cutting with the main exception of the larger bits of work that require 'joining' together because they are on 2 separate pages (for scrollsaw work they would normally be printed out and used as a hard copy outline template). We laser owners can simply import the drawings and (normally) just tidy up the drawing and go straight for a vector cut providing one cuttable piece of work isn't on 2 or more pages. I doubt if photographic packages would be of any use under these circumstances. Hope this explains things a little better.

Jeff Lehman
06-01-2006, 8:01 AM
I sent them an email suggesting that they include the fully assembled artwork, but never got a response. When I purchase something like that, I am doing it for two reasons...I dont have the talent to create them myself and two...to save time.

When I found out I would have to spend time rejoining the line drawings, my short attention span kicked in :rolleyes:

Not sure if they understand that laser owners are purchasing their stuff, but it should not be that difficult to leave the drawings intact....

My 2 cents worth...

Abdul Baseer Hai
06-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Hi All

I have been playing around with the berrybasket free sample of the month patterns for a while. I now have quite a few ready to cut, in .125 inch, patterns. I will post a few pictures here.

If anyone is interested, let me know

abdul

Michael Wells
06-02-2006, 2:06 PM
Hey Doug, try this.... prepare your vector files (2 or more) for Corel with transparent backgrounds, then start a new Corel file. Use import to bring the first drawing in, add a layer and make it active then import the next drawing to that layer. you can then edit each layer and move them in place to where they join.

Make sure that both layers are visible and printable before sending the drawing to the laser.

That's the way I do it anyway.
Michael

Doug McIntyre
06-03-2006, 1:36 PM
Michael,

Great idea - the simple ones are the best. I'll give it a try.