PDA

View Full Version : Announcing the new Knight-toolworks tote and knob business.

Steve knight
05-31-2006, 12:03 AM
Since mike in Katy retired from the custom work I had to have a source of totes. So I decided to start making totes and knob replacements. I also will make small normal and large totes for my planes. I hope to change the jack’s and jointers over to d handles too soon.
To get started I need to make patterns of the totes and knobs. I will make a spreadsheet to keep track of the ones I need.
What I need are samples of the totes and knobs out there. So right now if you are willing to send me a tote and knob or sets that I need I will send you a set I made back in easy to get woods like American woods and my standard woods padouk and purpleheart. Once I see if this works I can do cocobolo and rosewood and such but I have to mail order them right now. If you have an old beater plane you don’t need having a body to make sure the totes and knobs fit is even better.
So give me a email if your interested and included the plane number and brand and the type too if applicable.

Steve Clardy
05-31-2006, 12:20 AM
email sent

Steve knight
05-31-2006, 12:31 AM
already getting swamped (G)

Alan Turner
05-31-2006, 6:37 AM
Steve,
I am not surprised you are getting swamped. When the dust settles, let us know what you still need.

Steve knight
05-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Steve,
I am not surprised you are getting swamped. When the dust settles, let us know what you still need.
will do. it is this or a part time job I don't have time for.

Deirdre Saoirse Moen
05-31-2006, 3:47 PM
Also let us know when you're ready to take $ for some. I have some Record planes with plastic knobs and totes and I don't think they'll lose value by having Cherry (or whatever) ones instead. :)