PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis Peacock
05-30-2006, 9:47 AM
Good Morning,
I hope everyone had a safe and joyous holiday weekend. This weekend was spent with plenty of shop time, treating myself for poison Ivy that just LOVES me, church and family time.

I managed to pick up some Cherry for Mark Cothren and myself this weekend to help add to our "stock". Got it for a good price so we just couldn't pass it up.

Worked on the computer desk some more. I don't think I will be making any more like this. Way too much work and it makes my head hurt trying to think through all the processes needed to get each phase of the project done. BUT, I'm making progress.!!

Had a nice morning out yesterday with the LOML. We don't get to do that very often and I decided it was time. It was very nice to spend the morning together without interruption.

Back to work today to an immense workload from the weekend.

So what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Karl Laustrup
05-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Well, on the "Second Monday" of this week, it's back to the normal. Have no idea what that is in my case.

LOML took Friday off so she had a four day weekend. Got quite a bit accomplished around the house. Even got some more stuff put away.

LOML, granddaughter and I got to play golf Saturday and Sunday. :) Man that felt good. For the first time golfing this year I shot 87 both days. :eek: :)

Monday was a parade that the granddaughter was marching in with her class's band. Hot and humid. Some attrition in the ranks as the parade went on due to the heat. BBQ and grilled the whole weekend. Steaks, brats, pork ribs and pork chops. :D :D

A great start to the summer. ;) :D

Karl

Mark Pruitt
05-30-2006, 10:03 AM
Watched LOML receive her third Master's degree on Saturday,:) and enjoyed some time with her and my MIL who came from Maryland for the graduation and a short visit. Then I set up my new Incra 1000SE miter gauge :D (I LOVE IT!) and spent some time tweaking it for a "just right" cut. I then sanded the legs for my in-progress workbench and cut the tenons.

LOML took my MIL back home and went camping, and it's just been me and the dog for a couple days now. The house became eerily quiet:(, but today I'm back to work. As a doc just told me, the good news is it's a short week!

No time for the vortex this weekend, but I got awfully close to it at one point...:eek:

Chip Charnley
05-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Well, I spent my weekend moving and cleaning up my collection of saw logs. Got the next two weekends targetted for milling as the SEMI Woodworking club is have a sawmilling demo/marathon at our meeting location. Got 5 more logs to move IF I can scrounge up the help/equipment to do so. What didn't go to be milled got cut up for firewood or potential turning blanks.

Or to put it another way, my back and legs HURT! :eek: :D

Tyler Howell
05-30-2006, 10:12 AM
Told my boss last Fri "I want the week off or I'm going postal":eek:
Got the week off.
Shop time mostly cleaning and re-org.
Visited the National Cemetery with Sibs. Impressive place.
Survived all three dates:D Saw Xmen and DiVinci Codes. Fun;)
Got a little dirt therapy digging in the garden.
Play safe.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Spent Saturday rounding up some materials for future turning project. Sunday........relaxed. The last 4-5 weeks at work have been tough! Monday........friends and family over for a cookout. Saw that little granddaughter who's going make me a great grandpa late June-early July. She looks so much like her Grandma did at that age and boy is she pregnant! Fun time with oldest son, his wife, grand daughter and spouse, other friends and family! Back to work! Our local service team is having a fishing derby/campout at Lake Roosevelt this coming weekend. Guess who is on call and pagers and cell phones don't work in the Columbia River Gorge up there! Arghhhhhhhhhh!

Steve Hayes
05-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Have you ever had one of those weekends that you have a list to do and 1 thing takes the whole day and should have taken an hour. That was my weekend. Other than that had a great BBQ Monday.

Don Baer
05-30-2006, 12:08 PM
Took Friday off to make a 4 day week end LOML and I drove over to AZ and spent the weekend with son, DIL and granddaughter. I spent my time spoiling my grand daughter and setting up a temp shop in my sons garage. Got TS set up and tuned. Church on Sunday drove back to CA on Monday.

Steve Clardy
05-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Wife and her Mother went to south Missouri for a little family get together on her side.
So I was by myself to get in all kinds of mischief. But ended up working all weekend.

Fred Voorhees
05-30-2006, 1:25 PM
Spent a long weekend down in the Cape May, NJ area, visiting my youngest brother and also my Mom. She is doing much better these days, a year after my dad passed away. We try to visit her about once every month and a half on average. Of course, in the warmer months, it is just about law that myself and my brother do as much fishing as we can. However, in the Cape May area, there isn't nearly the opportunities to fish fresh water as there is salt water. However, we did discover a new lake and it was a beaut! No visible signs of underwater vegetation that would make it difficult to fish in, very clear water and larger than average bass that have real "shoulders"! We had a blast and will definitely add this lake to those that we visit each time we haul out the boat.

I did bring some hostas down with us to replant in both my mom's yard and my brothers. They are getting a bit out of hand here in Ringoes,NJ and needed a severe thinning. When we got home on Monday, it was off for a few hours at a freinds for some burgers and dogs.

Below, some obligatory pics of the fishing to satisfy "the police":D

Andy Hoyt
05-30-2006, 2:41 PM
Needed a coupla pen blanks, so went and fetched this with some friends from the club.

Maurice Metzger
05-30-2006, 2:44 PM
Spent some time preparing some boards for dovetails. Does this look like an ocean liner in a fishing pond? My number 7 is the only bench plane with the right side close to 90 degrees, so I used it for shooting. Kind of a waste, dulling just 1/2" of that blade...

Maurice