PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the last laugh is on me.

Terry Quiram
09-07-2003, 10:38 PM
I was teasing Terry about buying his daughter a scroll saw and look what Ken went and did. This is my wife turning for the very first time. Guess I will add a mini to my tool list. By the way, I am pleased as punch that Connie is going to give turning a try.

Dennis Peacock
09-07-2003, 11:41 PM
Better watch out....she'll be taking over YOUR lathe in no time flat!!!

Terry and Connie.....thank you for attending the BBQ. As always, it was a great pleasure to meet and see both of you again. You are both great people.!!! Oh yea......and a very SWEET Scrollsaw to boot...!!!!

Ace Karner
09-09-2003, 10:10 PM
I was teasing Terry about buying his daughter a scroll saw and look what Ken went and did. This is my wife turning for the very first time. Guess I will add a mini to my tool list. By the way, I am pleased as punch that Connie is going to give turning a try.

You two will soon own every tool know to man :)

Kevin Gerstenecker
09-09-2003, 10:20 PM
I just checked out all the Picture Gallery's of the BBQ, and it looks to me like Connie has the turning thing down pretty good. She was getting some expert advice from Ken in one photo, and the spindle she was working on was looking good! I have been showing the LOML Angie a few turning pointers, and she has been spectating, trying to learn a few things before she dives in. I think she has watched the Video's Terry gave us more than I have! I get the feeling the size of the Lathe is a little intimidating to her, but when the Mini arrives, she says she is ready to give it a shot. She has her eye on some small ornaments, mushrooms, and she REALLY likes the small Bird House Ornaments. I think the Birdhouse Ornaments are cool too, I will have to give them a shot in the next few days. This turning thing really is enjoyable! :D
It will be REALLY neat to get my Wife involved in turning, I don't see how anyone cannot enjoy it, once they get the hang of it. ;)