PDA

View Full Version : dontcha hate it when...

Ned Bulken
05-30-2006, 7:48 AM
you get a call from a buddy who just scored 8/4 cherry for $2 per bf? 12" wide boards? and says that the sawyer has a barnful of wood... cherry, oak($2/bf), red oak ($2/bf), Ash ($1/bf) walnut($2/bf), maple ($2/bf)and some domestic conifer... all air dried for 6 yrs or so? when payday is 2 weeks away and is mostly already spent?!?!!!!! AUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!:mad: :eek:

John Miliunas
05-30-2006, 8:08 AM
AUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!:mad: :eek:....is right!!!! Dang it, Ned; I'd beg, borrow and maybe even go so far as going and talking to the guy and seeing if he wouldn't be willing to take a small down payment on some and put it aside for you until your next payday!!!! :) Hey, worth a try. My experience has been that sawyers are usually pretty OK folks! :) :cool: <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Ned Bulken
05-30-2006, 8:12 AM
actually from what my buddy says, barring a furniture company coming in and stealing it all in one fell swoop, there're more than enough that I 'should' be good when I get around tuit. I hope, maybe, kinda, sorta...

Mark Pruitt
05-30-2006, 10:25 AM
actually from what my buddy says, barring a furniture company coming in and stealing it all in one fell swoop, there're more than enough that I 'should' be good when I get around tuit. I hope, maybe, kinda, sorta...

Yeah, but if it was me, I'd be absolutely convinced that said furniture company was currently en route and I would be on pins and needles......
I hope you're not nearly as paranoid as me....:eek: :rolleyes:

Wes Bischel
05-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Yeah, but if it was me, I'd be absolutely convinced that said furniture company was currently en route and I would be on pins and needles......
I hope you're not nearly as paranoid as me....:eek: :rolleyes:

Actually this seems to be how things go for me.:rolleyes:

Ned, just remember, you still need to test out the new lumber hauler - this would be a perfect test!

Good luck,
Wes

Ned Bulken
05-30-2006, 11:17 AM
fingers, toes, eyes all crossed (man, hard to type this way)

Ned Bulken
05-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Actually this seems to be how things go for me.:rolleyes:

Ned, just remember, you still need to test out the new lumber hauler - this would be a perfect test!

Good luck,
Wes

actually, I have some wood in the storage unit which will have to do, I'm going to be moving it up to the house to work on my mobile bench. and the Lumber Hauler is WHY I dont have money for woodwright now. (ha ha ha)

Jim Becker
05-30-2006, 11:22 AM
This is what automatic deposits into a high-interest savings account (like ING.com which I use)...they give you needed "opportunity" cash when you need it without causing a ruckus with your budget. Have a little sucked out automagically after each pay and it will be painless. 'Great for tools, wood, expensive dinners for the LOYL after a major tool purchase, etc... :D

Steve Clardy
05-30-2006, 1:28 PM
That same thing seems to happen to me with machinery.
Great unpassable deals come up, tool budget is dried up.

Kevin Herber
05-30-2006, 2:27 PM
I'd almost be tempted to hawk something for a few weeks. Get the wood and then get whatever it is out of hawk the following payday.

Good Luck -- Kevin

Jerry Olexa
05-30-2006, 5:40 PM
That's one time, I would BORROW if need be..Great deal. A GREAT investment!!

Larry Norton
05-31-2006, 10:42 AM
Ned, don't worry about paying some bills for a while and go get it now! After all, to me, it would be more important to get the wood than losing your electric......or food.....or house...or......

Ned Bulken
05-31-2006, 1:20 PM
Ned, don't worry about paying some bills for a while and go get it now! After all, to me, it would be more important to get the wood than losing your electric......or food.....or house...or......

uh, yeah, suuuuure. I don't even go 'down the aisle' til July, and you want me divorced before I get there? :eek: :confused:

LOL

i know better don't worry :D