PDA

View Full Version : Another Jewlery box.

Charles Bruno
05-29-2006, 9:00 AM
Well I finally finished my mothers Birthday gift (a bit late). Its Black walnut and burch, with three coats of Sam Maloofs oil blend sold by Rockler. I used royal blue felt for the liner.

John M. Cioffi
05-29-2006, 9:06 AM
Beautiful work Charlie.
Is this your own design? What are the dimentions?
Thanks for sharing.
John

Mike Cutler
05-29-2006, 9:07 AM
Very nice. The contrasting wood tones worked well together. What are the physical dimensions? It looks to be of fairly good size.

How easy are the Maloof finishes to use? The finish is excellent.

Michael Stafford
05-29-2006, 9:15 AM
Very nice work. I love the two woods together. I have those plans in my file of boxes I want to do. Hope I can do as well you did!;)

Tony Ward
05-29-2006, 9:02 PM
I must agree with the other post - nice work, good design and very functional.

When can we see more?

Tony Ward

Corey Hallagan
05-29-2006, 9:49 PM
Gorgeous piece! That is simpley beautiful! I love the mixture of wood and the craftsmanship is top notch!

corey

Charles Bruno
05-30-2006, 8:36 AM
Beautiful work Charlie.
Is this your own design? What are the dimentions?
Thanks for sharing.
John
The design is from Wood Magazine issue 165 Oct. 2005. This set I've modified from the Wood plans by making the lid compartment 1" deeper to allow for ring pads.

For Mike the dimensions are 13" by 8 1/2 " it stands with lid 7 5/8" tall. The Sam Maloof oil blend is easy to use looks and feels great IMHO I've used on several of my projects. The key word is EASY. I do not let it set on the wood as long as recomended before wiping it off though.

Thanks for looking

Shelley Bolster
05-30-2006, 9:44 AM
Beautiful box Charles. I agree with Big Mike, the two woods compliment each other wonderfully. I also hope that when I finally get around to making the girls jewelery boxes I do half as nice a job as you have.

Larry Crim
05-30-2006, 12:40 PM
very nice really like the colors
Larry

Mike Zozakiewicz
05-30-2006, 2:17 PM
Nice job Charles! Excellent workmanship. I think I will be trying that finish.

Mike