PDA

View Full Version : Fasten your seat belts

Nissim Avrahami
05-28-2006, 6:24 PM
Good day

I would like to share with you my amateur’s router table.

You can love it, hate it, laugh on it and you can call me crazy, but this router table is for me, “3 in 1”.

It’s a “normal” router table, “mortising machine” and “doweling machine”.

Regards
niki

Nissim Avrahami
05-28-2006, 6:26 PM
Pictures part II

Nissim Avrahami
05-28-2006, 6:28 PM
Pictures part III

Dan Clark
05-28-2006, 7:20 PM
VERY innovative! Nice router too. I just bought a Hitachi router, so I'm a little biased.

It's guys like you who yank us out of our "rut-bound" thinking.

Keep up the great work.

Regards,

Dan.

Nissim Avrahami
05-29-2006, 4:19 PM
Thank you Dan

I have the Hitachi 8 years and its still like new one.

I started to build the router table some 8 years ago, and every now and than added or improved some feature.

niki

Bruce Benjamin
05-29-2006, 5:06 PM
Niki, I've been reading your posts about the different tools and ideas you have and I'm very impressed with your outside-the-box way of thinking. Have you ever heard of the old 1980's American television character/show called, "MacGyver"? He was a guy who could do everything with anything by thinking sort of the way you do. Anyway, good work and keep up the interesting posts.

Bruce

lou sansone
05-29-2006, 5:12 PM
hi niki
very ingenious router set up. it is interesting to see how folks from other countries do things. Do you have your shop in your home or do you have another place for your shop?

lou

Bob Noles
05-29-2006, 5:47 PM
nikki,

WOW.... another truly innovative idea and sure keeps things compact and multi-functional. I always love reviewing your posts as they are so interesting.

I wish I was good enough to achieve some of the things you have shown us.

Please keep sharing your pictures with us.

Nissim Avrahami
05-29-2006, 5:53 PM
Thank you so much for the warm words

Bruce
I was watching MacGyver, but he was much more sophisticated, and in different field.

Lou
I’m attaching picture of my “shop”, as you can see the car have to go in every night, especially at the winter, that’s the reason that all my “machines” must be retractable (except the TS).

Bob
It’s only “necessity”. I’m glad that that you like it.

Thanks again
niki

John Miliunas
05-29-2006, 6:53 PM
Niki, in a previous post I had suspected you of being an engineer, to which you responded that you're not. My friend, I think you may have missed your calling!!! :) You do so very much with so very little that, that I'm sometimes embarrassed knowing how much I have! :o As always, very well done, sir! :) :cool:

Nissim Avrahami
05-29-2006, 7:15 PM
Thank you so much John

I did not “missed my call”, I was a Flight engineer, and the salary was much higher than for an Engineer, not to mention that its much more interesting to fly around the world then to seat in some office with the drawing board…

Thanks
niki

Bruce Benjamin
05-29-2006, 7:16 PM
Thank you so much for the warm words

Bruce
I was watching MacGyver, but he was much more sophisticated, and in different field.

niki

Come on now, Niki. I'm sure with a little effort you can come up with a way to use a router motor, a couple of saw horses, and maybe a really warped board to make a crude helicopter that will drop glue bombs on the evil South American dictator. :D You're too humble.

Bruce

Nissim Avrahami
05-29-2006, 7:29 PM
But why Bruce

We have the F-16 and the Apachi to do that much more effectively (I’m an Israeli with 3 wars on my “back” – I know).
Anyway thank you, I had a good laugh while reading your post.

niki

John Miliunas
05-29-2006, 8:06 PM
Thank you so much John

I did not “missed my call”, I was a Flight engineer, and the salary was much higher than for an Engineer, not to mention that its much more interesting to fly around the world then to seat in some office with the drawing board…

Thanks
niki

Well, you're not going to get an argument from me on that one, Niki! I've traveled very little in my life and envy folks who have that opportunity! OK, we'll just leave you as our own "McGyver" then! :D :cool:

Corey Hallagan
05-29-2006, 8:16 PM
Great set up, I like that alot! Nice job!

corey