PDA

View Full Version : Blue Keiyaki Pencil

David Fried
05-27-2006, 8:44 PM
Finally got around to making something for myself: a sketch pencil from one of Stu's blanks.

I don't have a microwave so I treated it like a bowl blank: turned it oversize between centers, drilled an undersized hole down the middle, soaked it in DNA, wrapped it in brown paper, and tossed it on top of the fridge.

After it was dry I drilled the correct sized hole and turned it.

Seems to have a nice bit of figure and is a pretty wood. Thanks Stu!

Corey Hallagan
05-27-2006, 8:53 PM
That's a nice little pencil and the wood looks cool! I love those little shop/sketch pencils, going to have to get one for myself.

Corey

Ken Fitzgerald
05-27-2006, 8:54 PM
Nice pencil David! So..................was turning that exotic wood like my statements from last fall?...............Did it have the same effect as smoking dope or drinking beer or wine? :confused: :rolleyes: :D Inquiring minds want to know!

Doug Lindley
05-27-2006, 8:59 PM
Great looking pencil. The wood is beautiful. I'm sure you'll enjoy using it for years.

Doug

David Fried
05-27-2006, 10:27 PM
.Did it have the same effect as smoking dope or drinking beer or wine? :confused: :rolleyes: :D Inquiring minds want to know!

Let's see .... I still respect myself and I don't feel cheap and used ... No Ken, definitely a different experience ;)

Bernie Weishapl
05-27-2006, 11:13 PM
David that is a nice looking pencil. Turned out fantastic. Nice work.

John Miliunas
05-28-2006, 12:51 AM
David, that's a knock-out! Really pretty wood and the finish looks to be fantastic. I like it!!! :) :cool:

Barry Stratton
05-28-2006, 2:13 AM
I like it too! Nice hefty compact look. Great job with the Stuwood!

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-28-2006, 6:43 AM
David, nice job, sure glad it worked out!

Cheers!