PDA

View Full Version : I Didn't Know Santa Got Gifts?

Christopher K. Hartley
05-27-2006, 7:29 PM
My better half pulls up in the driveway and my granddaughter comes running out of the truck with a very familiar looking box. "Here PaPa this is yours!":eek:
She wasn't half as excited as I was. Thank you Don Orr for the kind note and all the wonderful goodies. Wood Wood everwhere and even more. Let's see, there is:
Three color blocks of Corian
Teak
Mahogany
Two pillars of Ash
a pillar of Maple
a big blank of Birch
5 pen blanks: Canary Wood; Zebra Wood; Cherry; Spalted Maple and Lace Wood.
No excuses to not get into the pen thing now.
All I now how to say is Wow! and Thanks again:D

Ken Fitzgerald
05-27-2006, 7:40 PM
I've said it more than once.............Creekers are the nicest people! Congrats Chris!

Bernie Weishapl
05-28-2006, 9:32 AM
Ken you are right. Creekers are the best. Congrats Christopher on the nice haul. Should keep you busy for a day or two. :D

Steve Ash
05-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Nice going Don, that's very thoughtful. I have a question about the corian though...I received a couple pieces of it when I got my dirty bowl blank from Don, what do you do with the corian?

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Hey, that is really cool, Don, you did a good thing! :D

Now where are those Pens?? :D

John Miliunas
05-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Don't get much better than the Creek, does it Chris??? :D Now, get to work!!! :)

Steve, the corian is great for pens! I've got plenty more over here when you come out in June! :D :cool:

Christopher K. Hartley
05-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Don't get much better than the Creek, does it Chris??? :D Now, get to work!!! :)

You got that right! Eye Eye Captian, I'm on it!:D

Don Orr
05-30-2006, 7:38 PM
Sorry, but I've been away from a computer for several days and did not catch up til now. Man, there are a lot of posts in the past few days!
Santa (Christopher)-glad you got the box OK. Hope you have fun with it.
Steve-the Corian can be used for anything you want. Some people use it for pens, but you need to glue 2 thicknesses together for a big enough blank. Kind of hard to drill straight through a 1/2 " square without it blowing out. I found out the hard way;) . Helps if you cool with water while drilling too. I have used the for finials a few times. Corian turns easily but the ribbons that come off stick to everything by static. Polishes up very nicely.

Have fun !

Joe Fisher
05-30-2006, 7:59 PM
what do you do with the corian?
Build countertops for dollhouses?

;)

-Joe