PDA

View Full Version : Picked up the 'new' pickup today

Ned Bulken
05-27-2006, 3:27 PM
Dropped off the old van today, and spent awhile signing this and that and the other while picking up the new truck. I'll have pics later tonight, as my son's gf has a digi cam and she said she'd email them to me.
only problem we found with the new truck is that the passenger seat slide mechanism doesn't lock if you move it forward, all the way back it is fine, though. (we stuffed the 18 yr old son in the back for a short trip and discovered this) Still need to take it back to get that looked at, but otherwise it is just as nice as we'd hoped. The LOML likes it much better now that the cap is gone.

Vaughn McMillan
05-27-2006, 4:29 PM
Congrats on the new toy Ned. I've known several people who've been real happy with their S-10 trucks.

- Vaughn

Jim DeLaney
05-27-2006, 6:28 PM
Ned,
Now you just need to get rid of the plastic bed liner and put a spray-in liner on it. I had a plastic one on my Toyota, and hated it from day one. After a few years, I dumped it, and had a Line-X liner sprayed in. All the difference in the world!

The Line-X liner is non skid, and is bonded to the bed like the paint. No squeaks, rattles, and best of all, stuff doesn't slide around back there any more. Best $400 I've spent on a truck. I understand that Rhino is another good one, and there are probably others as well.

Ned Bulken
05-27-2006, 6:36 PM
Planning on just that, after the Shop goes up. along with a new tonneau cover, some fog lights, more aggressive tires....

can't wait to afford all of that, but conversely have to wait to do all that.

Norman Hitt
05-28-2006, 5:01 AM
Planning on just that, after the Shop goes up. along with a new tonneau cover, some fog lights, more aggressive tires....

can't wait to afford all of that, but conversely have to wait to do all that.

I sure understand the "One thing at a time" program Ned, but congratulations on the new wheels. It's always a great feeling to get rid of a machine when it goes into the "Self Destruct mode", BEFORE it falls apart on the street.:D We just did that with the LOML's wheels about 3 months ago, and it sure is nice to drive down the road without having to fight it to keep it between the fences, AND have some assurance that you are Really going to get where you started out for without having to call a tow truck. (I do think we got our money's worth out of that one though).:rolleyes:

Ned Bulken
05-28-2006, 6:56 AM
I did the math,: I picked up the van in 04 for $1200, stealership just gave me $1000 for it towards my truck. excluding maintenance items, I put perhaps $800 into it (tires, tie rod ends etc...) over the course of those two years. It cost me $500 a year to own and drive. Not a bad deal at all.

One funny phenomenon I've found though. All of a sudden 'All' of those innocent motorists have turned into maniacs who don't know how to keep things in their lane, or who are trying to take fenders and bumpers off of my truck. It is downright scary I tell ya:eek: :D

Tyler Howell
05-28-2006, 7:42 AM
I was trying to be patient and cut you some slack here Ned........
I didn't happen:mad:

Ned Bulken
05-28-2006, 10:15 AM
We went to load in the pics from the son's gf's camera last night, and it wiped her entire camera's chip. my two pics were 'throwaways' i can easily replace them, but she had pics from a prom, a trip to NYC, and many other special images, which just vanished. Good kid that she is, she understands that things happen, and doesn't seem too upset, but I felt Horrible. :mad:

will have pics sometime today. hopefully, maybe.

Jerry Olexa
05-28-2006, 5:09 PM
Well, Tyler, I guess it didn't happen w no pics...:)

Vaughn McMillan
05-28-2006, 5:50 PM
Ned, the pics on your son's GF's camera might still be recoverable. There are several "undelete" products out there that can recover lost files...I know because the company I work for makes one (and I wrote all the user documentation). That said, it's important that she not add any new pics to the camera card before trying to recover the lost pictures, since any new additions to the card can overwrite the lost pics.

Google "undelete" and you'll see a number of companies that sell recovery software. PM me if you'd like specific info about the one I'm a part of. ;)

- Vaughn

Ned Bulken
05-28-2006, 6:13 PM
http://www.woodworking.org/photo/albums/userpics/12900/proof001.jpg

Tim Morton
05-28-2006, 11:22 PM
http://www.woodworking.org/photo/albums/userpics/12900/proof001.jpg

Nice truck...(i think:eek: )...what did you have that bird from the flintstones draw that picture with a hammer and chisel?

j/k!!!

Vaughn McMillan
05-29-2006, 5:35 AM
Nice truck...(i think:eek: )...what did you have that bird from the flintstones draw that picture with a hammer and chisel?

j/k!!!
Nah Tim, here's the Flintstones version...

Nice looking truck, Ned. ;)

- Vaughn

Ned Bulken
05-29-2006, 6:51 AM
I'm trying to set a new style, photographically. I used to do portraiture, and we did 'soft focus' all the time in that (well, not ALL of the time, but often...). I'm just applying it to scenic or pic police photos instead. :D uhuh, yep, that's it.

or, wait, I didn't want my license plate to be visible, so I intentionally blurred the image...

ok, ok, the truth is I have a really crappy digital camera, and someday when I'm rich and famous I'll have a better one.

Eddie Watkins
05-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Nice truck, Ned! You'll love the color, it has to be really dirty to show.

Eddie

Ken Fitzgerald
05-30-2006, 11:42 AM
Congrats on the new drive Ned! Good luck with it!