PDA

View Full Version : High tec spray gun- ya right

Reed Wells
05-27-2006, 1:37 PM
I do a lot of spraying in my business, about 5 gal. a week. No matter how much light I have in the spray room, it never seems to be enough. I spray a lot of 4" cedar logs, so I have to know very close where my lapping spray is. I thought of some kind of light mounted on the gun, but you know the probs that would pose. Guess what has been sitting on my desk since Christmas? A key chain laser pointer. Hmmm, I wonder if I could use that for something besides getting the cat and dog all worked up, chaseing the spot around the room. Long story short, I took some duct tape and mounted it to the top of my Binks. Holy smokes it works! I now know exactly where the center of my spray fan is all the time, regardless of shadows. I dont do many cabinets, but I bet it would be great for spraying inside of the cases. So I am going to perminently mount it with simple adjustments for verticle and horizantal fans. I will post a pic when I get it done. Catch ya later.

Allen Bookout
05-27-2006, 3:27 PM
Reed

Who would have ever thought of that but you? Great idea! Sometimes I just have to guess and that is not too good.

Waiting for the pictures.

Allen