PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Owen Gregg
05-27-2006, 1:00 PM
I just found this forum and love it. I've been spending most of the last 4-5 hours reading as many back threads as I can and I still have over 700 to go! There are some fantastic pieces of work, some great resources, and a wide variety of opinions. I can't wait to read more. This is the latest project I've finished:

Ken Fitzgerald
05-27-2006, 1:05 PM
Owen.........Welcome to the Creek! Wade right in the water's fine!.......Great project! Look forward to seeing more of your work and learning from you! Again...........Welcome!

David Duke
05-27-2006, 1:34 PM
Welcom to the Creek Owen, see you got the picture police satisfied!! From the looks of that project looks like the spinny guys may be happy too.

Bob Childress
05-27-2006, 2:57 PM
Owen,

Many welcomes. I am pretty new myself but this is the cat's pajamas of a forum. Very friendly as long as you post pics.

John M and others will be along directly to suck you into the spinny vortex.

Corey Hallagan
05-27-2006, 4:06 PM
Owen welcome to the creek! Looking forward to see more from you. Excellent work on the table/stand.

Corey

Don Dean
05-27-2006, 4:15 PM
Welcome the creek! Were are you from? Good to have you with us.

Dan Oliphant
05-27-2006, 4:58 PM
Owen, welcome and as Ken stated, we learn from each other. Great looking piece.

Owen Gregg
05-27-2006, 5:48 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I am a novice, and if you could see the table a little bit better, it would be more apparent. Some of the trim has unacceptable gaps, the legs are actually stair balusters that I bought for $2.50 a piece, all the oak was reclaimed from an ancient piece left in my dad's garage, the half round ran me $13, and the stone was free, but is scratched. I like the piece, but don't want anyone to think I'm actually any good as this kind of thing;) .

I do have a question for all of you, though. I work in a shop that fabricates Granite Countertops. We also work with marble, slate, limestone, travertine, etc. Actually, the table top in the picture is a 3 cm travertine called Durango that isn't well suited to being a table top, but the color was awesome.

If you had access to pieces of granite of varying colors and sizes-though none of them being bigger than 3' x 3', how do you think you would try to incorporate them into your pieces? Or would you?

Oops, forgot to mention that I'm located near Omaha, NE.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Steve Clardy
05-27-2006, 7:00 PM
Welcome Owen!