View Full Version : Engrave Goblets?

Joe Tonich
05-26-2006, 4:17 PM
I took a goblet I made to the guy that does my engraving to see if he could engrave stuff on the outside of the cup. He told me they used to make an engraver a while ago that would turn a little at a time so you could, but not now. If someone knows about this, or can do this type of engraving (preferably around the Cleveland, OH area), would you be able to PM me? I don't think I'd need the service very often, but would like to have a source if possible.


Dave Jones
05-26-2006, 7:13 PM
They make optional rotary attachements for most current laser engravers, that should be able to fit a goblet. Is your engraver using a laser or a mechanical engraver?

Joe Tonich
05-26-2006, 11:16 PM
He has a laser, don't know what kind tho. :(

Lee DeRaud
05-26-2006, 11:50 PM
The rotary widgets for lasers are not cheap, so if he doesn't have one already, he'll probably be reluctant to get one unless you are going to give him a lot of business. (For example, the one for mine is about $800. It's not just a "jig" or "fixture": it has to interface with the laser's motion electronics.)