PDA

View Full Version : Turners' blanks exchange!

John Miliunas
05-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Hi folks. Knowing that not everyone has the time to cruise all the forums here at SMC, I'm just passing along a "courtesy post" to let you know about a little blank exchange happening on the Turner's Forum. All are welcome!!! :) Please see the following link for further information, and thanks for checking it out! :) :cool:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=37140

Jamie Buxton
05-26-2006, 12:29 PM
umm, John, I know you mean well, but I think that cross-posting is probably a bad tradition to set up here at SMC. We'll just get everybody posting every post every place. This leads to more posts for each of us to process. It also leads to fragmented threads, where replies get posted to different copies of the original post, and readers lose track of the conversation.

Jamie

John Miliunas
05-26-2006, 1:06 PM
umm, John, I know you mean well, but I think that cross-posting is probably a bad tradition to set up here at SMC. We'll just get everybody posting every post every place. This leads to more posts for each of us to process. It also leads to fragmented threads, where replies get posted to different copies of the original post, and readers lose track of the conversation.

Jamie

Jamie, thanks for your thoughts on it and I too reflected on that notion, but just for a bit. This particular thread (and the ones on the other non-turner forums) are only there to help spread word of the blank exchange. No real comments or additional posts are necessary to these "extra forum" threads. As a matter of fact, now that you point it out, it would probably serve everyone best if I these informational threads were just "locked". :)
The idea here was (is) to let everyone in on the offer. With as many new threads, which appear daily, some flat-work folks may not have the time to go through the Turner's Forum, even though they do indeed perform some turning. Same for members on the other forums. :) Like I said...Just a courtesy post, so that folks don't feel like they're being "left out". :) :cool: