PDA

View Full Version : I think I'll keep the wife/minor tool gloat

Tim Solley
05-26-2006, 9:51 AM
Well yesterday my wife and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary. With a baby due in two months, this one was pretty significant to us.

And after three years, I know I have a keeper! She feeds my tool addiction! What did she give me as an anniversary gift? The large Bessey K-Body cabinet set with the two 50" clamps, two 24" clamps, and the blocks. Holy cow those clamps are stout! The box weighs about 50 pounds. They are a far cry from the Harbor Freight clamps I've been buying on the cheap.

This is the same woman who got my shop started by buying my Jet table saw for Christmas. It's been a downward spiral ever since :D.

I think I'll keep her a little longer. :p

Tim

John Timberlake
05-26-2006, 9:54 AM
Great wife. Nice clamps too. I'd keep them both if I were you.

glenn bradley
05-26-2006, 9:55 AM
You will become addicted to those clamps. Watch www.rockler.com (http://www.rockler.com) for recurring 40% off sales as they are pushing the Jet versions now and then and use the Bessy's as teasers.

Scott Coffelt
05-26-2006, 10:12 AM
yep that's a keeper

Alex Berkovsky
05-26-2006, 10:15 AM
Yep, a keeper... and soon you'll have Father's Day to look forward to for more toys. :D

Peter Pedisich
05-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Tim,

Congratulations! you are a lucky, lucky man.

Pete

Jerry Olexa
05-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Better renew her contract for another year..:D :)

Jack Ferrell
05-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Congrats on your wife, anniversary, expected baby, and new clamps. You are a lucky man. BTW, grab all the gloats you can before it's time for 'more clamps or pampers?'

Ben Roman
05-26-2006, 11:32 AM
Great wife and great tools what a combo. I have the same type of wife and lots O tools. What happened to the texas creekers beer fest / woodworkers gathering ?

Ben

Daniel Heine
05-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Tim,

Do you want to trade? I'll be happy to send my wife over for a while!!! Seriously, my wife tolerates my obsession with wood, but she thinks it is a waste of time and money. After many gifts to members of her birth family, howeverm she is now the only person in her family that feels this way!!!!

Happy Woodowrking,
Dan Heine

Howard Rosenberg
05-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Tim -

Congratulations on your third wedding anniversary.
Congratulations on your soon-to-arrive baby.
Congratulations on your wonderful wife's thoughtfulness and sensitivity.

You've got tons to be thankful for.

Enjoy. Everything.

Howard

Bryan Hunt
05-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Tim, I can totally relate with the wife issue (no kids yet). When I met my wife, she had a better table saw than I did. It was love at first sight ... both the wife and the saw :) I sold my old Delta contractors saw in a garage sale and kept her Powermatic 64A.

Congrats on the upcoming addition to your family.

Bryan

David Mueller
05-26-2006, 6:48 PM
Mazel Tov to you and your wife. All the wood working tools in the world will never replace the kids. Just threaten to build a wooden box and lock them up later when they strain the one nerve left. DAMHIKT? Going on round 2 with grandkid and yes I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Helen Gee
05-26-2006, 6:54 PM
Congratulations on anniversary and new addition to the family (ugh, the baby AND the clamps) :D

Tyler Howell
05-26-2006, 7:12 PM
But can she cook:confused: :confused::D
Sound like you're living the good life :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
05-26-2006, 7:29 PM
Congrats on the wife, the baby....and lastly the tools!

Corey Hallagan
05-26-2006, 8:51 PM
Yup, I would keeper too! Congrats!

Corey