PDA

View Full Version : Easy, safe handling / X splinters / safety tip

Roger Everett
05-26-2006, 7:12 AM
While at Home Despot yesterday, I decided to pick up a fresh pair of shop gloves. While working a union gig at a shop that made custom convention booths several years ago, we were cutting boco melamine, all day. Slippery to handle and always getting hand and finger cuts. Found that wearing these latex coated gloves ( no slip grip ), made material handling alot easier and no more cuts. Been wearing them ever since, makes handling ply and all wood alot easier and safer, while machining. $4 at all the big boxes and even 7-11 carry them.
Roger

Richard Wolf
05-26-2006, 7:38 AM
Don't they get hot in Florida?

Richard

Roger Everett
05-26-2006, 8:50 AM
So do hard hats, safey harnesses, and work for that matter is also hot, but I wasn't born rich just hansome ( eh. ). You know how it is , sometimes you gota do what you gota do!
Roger

tod evans
05-26-2006, 8:51 AM
i`ve got this phobia about wearing gloves in the shop even if it`s 10 below. i` d much rather have fingers to pull splinters out of.....02 tod

Dan Oelke
05-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Yes - wearing gloves in the shop has got to be done carefully. I have a friend who almost lost a finger because the finger tip of a glove got caught and pulled his hand over the table saw blade.