PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
05-26-2006, 6:31 AM
Friday May 26th, 2006

Well, here we go again. Another Friday, although this is the start of the summer season here in the "Dells". The campground, that we can see from our house, started to fill yesterday. Amazing how many BIG motorhomes came in.

The weekend starts today with a "Creeker" visit. Pics etc. later.

GOLF!!!! That's what's on my agenda this weekend. LOML and I are gonna golf. It will be the first time this season. Granddaughter has a parade to march in Monday. BBQ, golf, relax and maybe get some more stuff put away.

So what's on your agenda this weekend?

Whatever it may be, make it a safe and enjoyable one.

And take a minute to remember the men and women, in service to our country, that make what we enjoy, possible.

Karl

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-26-2006, 6:49 AM
Why, I'll be turning on my new (to me) DVR 3000 :D

Steve Ash
05-26-2006, 6:57 AM
Not much here Karl, just opening up the swimming pool, and a cookout with some friends.

Jim Hager
05-26-2006, 8:08 AM
I think I'll go fishin today, it is the last day of school and I'll be home by 9:30 this morning. Some worms gonna get drowned today!!! Tomorrow I'll work on a set of rp doors that a customer has ordered, Sunday we'll celebrate 29 years of marriage (or at least she will):D Then it will be back to the shop on Monday.

Ned Bulken
05-26-2006, 8:10 AM
I'm going to take delivery on my truck tomorrow, and finish building my offroad workbench.

Dick Parr
05-26-2006, 8:19 AM
Nice Gloat there Stu, you are going to love it.:D

Karl Laustrup
05-26-2006, 8:25 AM
Not much here Karl, just opening up the swimming pool, and a cookout with some friends.

Well, I think I might want to join you in the pool before this weekend is over, Steve. The weatherman is calling for mid to upper 80's with heat index in the mid 90's for the weekend.

You don't have a sign about "NO WHALES ALLOWED" for the pool do you? :o ;)

Karl

Steve Ash
05-26-2006, 8:28 AM
You don't have a sign about "NO WHALES ALLOWED" for the pool do you?
Karl

No, just one that says " I don't swim in your toilet...so don't pee in my pool" :eek:

Larry Norton
05-26-2006, 8:54 AM
I'm starting a new order today after a couple weeks of cleaning and improving the shop. I work at Tractor Supply today from 3 to 9, then tomorrow from 2 to 9.

Please be careful this weekend. And wear your seat belts if you're travelling.

John Timberlake
05-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Not much woodworking. Going the Florida for a wedding.

Fred Voorhees
05-26-2006, 10:06 AM
SWMBO and I will be heading down to the Cape May,NJ area this weekend for another of our frequent visits to both my youngest brother and my Mom. Hope to do a lot of bass fishing both on my brothers newly acquired boat and also from shore here and there at places that he has found to be productive. I have gotten to a point here at home where I am overpopulated with a certain strain of hostas, so I divided a few clumps and will be bringing some cuttings down to both my Moms and brothers home where they will find new locations to flourish. We will be returning Monday morning in time to attend some freinds annual Memorial Day get together, where, go figure, they have a bass pond. I will bring my pole.:D

Scott Coffelt
05-26-2006, 10:11 AM
I know cry me a river, but leaving Saturday for a week in Hawaii with the wife. She has to go over for business on Memorial day, so I am going as a tag along spouse. Though she has to work Monday, the rest of the week we are free to play. I guess I'll have to see if I can get on a golf course Monday for a round. We'll be on Oahu the whole week, but I know there will be plenty for us to do and see. It will be kind of neat being over there for Memorial weekend and seeing Pearl Harbor and such. I was in DC this week for work and spent some time walking around some of the sights, got to see the WWII and Vietnam monuments, very impressive yet humbling.

Julio Navarro
05-26-2006, 10:20 AM
I am putting together a table design I found in FWW.

Hopefull will have pics to show

Don Dean
05-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Finely going to take some pics on my first shop to post on forum next week. :)

Tyler Howell
05-26-2006, 10:24 AM
A little shop time. Home remuttling a little boat work. A couple of dates.....With real ladies.... One wears a thong:rolleyes: DAMHIKT

Don Baer
05-26-2006, 1:52 PM
Were leaving at noon west coast time for Phoenix area. Gonna spend the weekend spoiling my grandaughter. Also going to check progress of the builder on site prep work for our new house. Looking forword to just doing almost nothing. I will be setting up my table saw in my sons garage (my temp shop) so I guess that can be considered shop time..:D

Hope everyone has a great weekend and like others have said don't forget the vets on monday.

Julio Navarro
05-26-2006, 2:17 PM

Going to be building this bench. Sorry, its the only pic I could get.

Cody Colston
05-26-2006, 3:16 PM
Gonna assemble and try out my new GO1023SLX cabinet saw. ;)

Chris Damm
05-26-2006, 3:40 PM
I'm starting out by helping a buddy spead 60 yds. of dolomite on his driveway. Then I've got a bunch of gardens to till ($$$$$$). Then it must be pool opening day in MI. Grandchildren on Sunday. Maybe I'll get back to the shop by Tuesday.

Julio Navarro
05-26-2006, 3:54 PM
Wow, what 2 years of living in Florida will do, almost forgot that Memorial Day is begining of pool season.

Jerry Olexa
05-26-2006, 4:12 PM
I know cry me a river, but leaving Saturday for a week in Hawaii with the wife. She has to go over for business on Memorial day, so I am going as a tag along spouse. Though she has to work Monday, the rest of the week we are free to play. I guess I'll have to see if I can get on a golf course Monday for a round. We'll be on Oahu the whole week, but I know there will be plenty for us to do and see. It will be kind of neat being over there for Memorial weekend and seeing Pearl Harbor and such. I was in DC this week for work and spent some time walking around some of the sights, got to see the WWII and Vietnam monuments, very impressive yet humbling.

Somebody's got to do it...Poor guy:D :)

Doug Jones from Oregon
05-26-2006, 4:37 PM
Saturday early, watching Nascar Truck race
Saturday evening, watching Nascar Busch race
Sunday early (west coast advantage), watching Indy
Sunday evening, watching Nascar Nextel cup race
Monday...recovering from all that race watchin!

Doug

Matt Meiser
05-26-2006, 4:57 PM
Got my VFD today so I'll be hooking that up. Also going to hit a nearby flea market and have a cookout.

Paul Canaris
05-26-2006, 5:08 PM
This weekend we are going to Austin Texas, and will hang out there until Wednesday. My wife is attending the NISOD coference and is receiving an award for her efforts in her educational institution. Aside from that I am going to attempt to avoid anything that vaguely resembles work; find a brew pub and a good cigar store and relax. Have fun...:rolleyes:

David Duke
05-26-2006, 5:24 PM
A little shop time. Home remuttling a little boat work. A couple of dates.....With real ladies.... One wears a thong:rolleyes: DAMHIKT

Tyler, kind of a stealth gloat their, remember no pictures it didn't happen:D :D !!

Gonna be packing this weekend, Monday the LOML and I will be headed to Alaska for two weeks, First five days doing the land tour thing with various things planned then board a ship for the southbound cruise.......pictures to follow!!

Be out of touch for awhile everyone be safe and make enough sawdust for me!!

Vaughn McMillan
05-26-2006, 5:36 PM
Shop-wise this weekend I plan to turn a few pens (did my first one last night), get a few more coats of lacquer on a "cherry wave" trinket box that's already sold (pending finishing), and hopefully get a set of cutting boards that was ordered a couple months ago put together.

I also plan to attack our back yard hillside with the weed whacker to knock down the foxtails that have come up since the last whacking and get my new back yard arbor into its final location. Then, if I completely run out of fun stuff to do, I guess I'll just spend some time with my new bride. (If she reads this, I'm a dead man walking.) :eek: :D :p

Have a good, fun, and safe weekend. Don't drink and drive.

- Vaughn

Greg Koch
05-26-2006, 5:39 PM
Not near as exciting as Tyler's.... Work more on the Scrap Box end tables, hang a couple of by-doors I fixed, clean/stack more of the deck boards I got, see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong on the 4212 jig....some more T&G in the closet and more cutting for a couple of Japanese lamps. The garden will get some attention too. Oh...FAXing a kitchen diagram and specs for a granite counter-top job in our kitchen!

skip coyne
05-26-2006, 5:48 PM
redoing the laundry room

picked up some nice cabinets on Freecycle this week , going to modify them to fit the laundry room. Went to a DEMO sale yesterday for a house thats being torn down and bought a laundry sink in a cabinet . need to go un-install that tommorrow . then install it and the other cabinets

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-26-2006, 10:51 PM
Got my VFD today so I'll be hooking that up. Also going to hit a nearby flea market and have a cookout.

Must grow them fleas nice and big up near you to be able to have a cook out........... :eek: ;) :D

Look forward to see the lathe all done Matt!

Tom Peterson
05-26-2006, 11:00 PM
I am going to finish kitchen cabinets #23 and #24 and then enjoy the rest of the fine Wisconsin weekend. I finally finished the large corner cabinet today and it turned out better than the first one I built (I see why Norm makes it look easy after you build a "prototype")

Mark Pruitt
05-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Plan to watch my wife receive her hard-earned (and third) Master's degree on Saturday, then visit the Woodcraft in Richmond before heading home. Then, it's shop time for the rest of the weekend!

Steve Clardy
05-27-2006, 9:29 PM
Well. Another holiday weekend that I'll be working everyday.
Ah. The joys of self-employment sometimes:(

I live in the lake area, and lots of folks around have weekend lake houses.
In order for me to do business, I have to work around their schedule, which is weekend work.

Today, working on a set of cabinets that are going to St. Louis. I'm a week behind on these.:rolleyes:

I just did stop and work on my dual router table setup, my second one. I need it pretty bad. Have 4 individual router tables sitting around taking up too much space, so I'm building another similiar to my first dual router table.

Tomorrow, will be in the shop, working on these cabinets.
Monday, have to go install a fireplace mantel and two box units that I made that sit in a wall in a lake house. Plus after I get that done, hafta swing by another place and bid some cabinets.
No rest for the wicked I guess:( :rolleyes: :)

Jim Becker
05-27-2006, 10:42 PM
Mow the grass, clean up the driveway surface with the new (to me, but not to the world) back blade I picked up used last weekend, and enjoy a nice long weekend. We will be visiting with Dr. SWMBO's sister and her brood on "the" day and trying out the new portable DVD system in the Highlander coming and going...a "test run" for our summer vacation. 'Gotta keep those chitlins occupied while cruising the highways!

Russ Massery
05-27-2006, 10:55 PM
The SWMBO's and I have a family reunion to go to Sunday. My New planer came in Friday I was able to unload it and unpack the crate. But I still have to do some assembly to do,then a test run. Gloat to come.;)

Steve Schoene
05-27-2006, 11:25 PM
Boat deck that is. After sanding and filling and sanding and priming and sanding and priming and sanding I will start applying top coat to the deck of my sailboat. I know know why the marina would charge in the order of 15k to do the job. Using a two part Interlux poly paint after two coats of two part epoxy primer. Two coats of off white and then two coats of cream colored non-skid.

After getting first coat on in morning, then go to help friend apply same stuff in afternoon to topsides. One of us will roll on, the other tip off with a brush. Then a drink at the club.

Michael Gibbons
05-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Sat- Cut grass and supervise my SWMBO while she is planting the garden, get haircut for my son and I, get sunburned, Nap ,eat, watch tv, sleep.

Sun- do laundry,vaccum, coffee break, play on computer at SMC, get ready for my birtday party( I turn 41 on the 31st). Open presents, eat, drink, be merry, smack mosquitos, drink some more.

Mon- say a small prayer for our soldiers, play with formentioned new toys,eat, drink,nap, eat, drink sleep.

Hope everyone has a great, dry weekend.

Byron Trantham
05-28-2006, 2:06 PM
I finally finished a bar for a client.

The first one is a dart cabinet I made to hide a bunch of valves extending past the surface of the wall. The second one is front bar and the last one is a shot of the "back bar". It's made from red oak, stained with golden oak and top coated with WB lacquer.

Jerry Olexa
05-28-2006, 2:10 PM
I finally finished a bar for a client.

The first one is a dart cabinet I made to hide a bunch of valves extending past the surface of the wall. The second one is front bar and the last one is a shot of the "back bar". It's made from red oak, stained with golden oak and top coated with WB lacquer.

Nice work..Like the edge trim

Doug Shepard
05-28-2006, 3:59 PM
Friday
More darn concrete prep on the garage floor plus a run to the paint store to pick up the epoxy paint which finally came in.

Saturday
MORE concrete prep again but finally get the first coat of paint down about 3 PM

Saturday Night
Took a badly needed break. Got invited to a dog party so took China for a ride over there. 7 dogs plus their owners, plus a few more dogs in the adjoining yards. The dogs and people had a good time.

Today
Got the 2nd coat of epoxy down along with the color flakes and anti-slip additive.

Tomorrow thru Wednesday
Wait for the stuff to completely cure. Then everything that's currently on the left side of the garage covered in visquine gets moved over to the painted area. Plus call the paint store Tuesday and put in an order for another kit as the coverage isn't what it ought to be.

After that it's Deju Vu all over again patching/prepping/painting the left hand side.