PDA

View Full Version : Windage and Elevation......

Steve Ash
05-25-2006, 4:25 PM
Looks like the Cheeseheads slingshot propelling device is gonna be necessary to launch this one. Gonna need to stretch these rubber bands waaayyyy baaack....SNAP! Ouch, you guys oughta maintain this thing.....

New rubberbands in place.....stretching....stretching....waaaay baaack...stretch i n g.....s t r e t c h i n g......release! Bombs Away!

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
05-25-2006, 4:50 PM
Wow... Nice arc on that one... Still can't figure out the bearing, though... :)

Don Baer
05-25-2006, 4:53 PM
Looks to me to be headed towards Spring Green but that could just be the angle that I'm looking at it from.

Mark Cothren
05-25-2006, 6:22 PM
"Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation." - - - - Duke line from "The Undefeated"

YEEEEHAWWWW!!!

Bernie Weishapl
05-25-2006, 6:22 PM
Nice arch on it Ash. Can't tell the heading though from my angle.

Bob Noles
05-25-2006, 8:09 PM
Oh No.... not again!

I'm runnning out of provisions in the bomb shelter. Did not even get to restock between bombing runs.

I did get some new radar installed though, this one was launched with such force and magnitude, it is not showing on the radar screen.

Take cover everyone........ looks like it is going to be a long summer :)

Dennis Peacock
05-25-2006, 9:41 PM
I've got the shelter restocked for an extended stay if necessary. Radar scope is on and tracking. Gotta watch those military grade rubberbands.....they just don't stretch like they used to. :D

Frank Chaffee
05-25-2006, 10:40 PM
Too much atmospheric interference in my skies to get a bearing from here Steve, but will continue to check.

Frank

John Hart
05-26-2006, 7:00 AM
Geez....this place is turing into a regular war zone!!!! Yeee Haaa!!:D :) :)

Pete Jordan
05-26-2006, 8:42 AM
Kirby! Watch out for those B.A.R. s

Steve Ash
05-26-2006, 9:37 AM
Just did a check to see it's location...those new rubber bands sent that puppy sizzling right into the stratosphere and on into the mesosphere....nothing but a streak across the skyline.

Think maybe I stretched it too far back....

Steve Ash
05-31-2006, 8:07 AM
.....confirmation.....Direct Hit, Tokyo!

Dave Richards
05-31-2006, 9:04 AM
You guys wanna warn me if you point that thing in the direction of Minnesota? I want to make sure I get down before it passes overhead on it's way to its destination.

I can see it now. I'm just minding my own business. Dropping out of the blue is some huge turning blank or a four-jaw chuck wrapped in a pink thong. It hits me in the back of the head and drops to my feet. I look around wondering what that tap was and realize you guys were shooting with worn out rubber bands and dropped the projectile short of its target. :D

Enjoy your "projectile", Stu.

John Miliunas
05-31-2006, 9:10 AM
Hey Steve, glad you got new rubber bands for that thing! You're gonna' be needing them in a few more weeks!!! :D :cool:

Karl Laustrup
05-31-2006, 9:14 AM
Aww man, we was all cloudy and rainy.

Missed it on it's west bound journey, or did you send it via the polar route?

Karl