PDA

View Full Version : Tourist Season

Karl Laustrup
05-25-2006, 3:57 PM
As we approach the start of the "season" here in one of the busiest spots in the upper midwest, I saw an appropriate bumper sticker today as I was running some errands.

"If they call it "Tourist Season"

Why can't we SHOOT them?

Just kidding. If we could just get them to send their money and stay home though.................

Karl

tod evans
05-25-2006, 4:02 PM
ever see deliverance:eek:

Tom Saurer
05-25-2006, 4:50 PM
I couldn't handle living in the Dells. I was there once in the summer and will never go back. It was way to crazy. Plus it's in Wisconsin.

Joe Pelonio
05-25-2006, 4:52 PM
One nice thing about the Seattle area is that our tourist season doesn't start until August and only lasts a month. For some reason the tourists don't seem to like rain. We do get the people going on cruise ships to Alaska but they only stay a day or less and with no wheels they are pretty much limited to the Pike's Place Market area downtown.

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-25-2006, 5:47 PM
What do tourists do in wisconsin??
Mee personally, had I known you bred so many cute blonds I have gone as a youth.

Curt Fuller
05-25-2006, 8:42 PM
As we approach the start of the "season" here in one of the busiest spots in the upper midwest, I saw an appropriate bumper sticker today as I was running some errands.

"If they call it "Tourist Season"

Why can't we SHOOT them?

Just kidding. If we could just get them to send their money and stay home though.................

Karl

Hey, easy now. I was just thumbing through my RCI timeshare trade book and thinking that Wisconsin Dells would be a nice place to visit this summer.

Karl Laustrup
05-25-2006, 9:38 PM
Hey, easy now. I was just thumbing through my RCI timeshare trade book and thinking that Wisconsin Dells would be a nice place to visit this summer.

Yes it is Curt. :) And if you do get back here be sure and look me up. Always up for a "Creeker" visit. :) Check out www.dells.com (http://www.dells.com) for info on our area.

Karl

Dennis Peacock
05-25-2006, 10:01 PM
He-he-he......Funny bumper Sticker Karl !!!!!!

Keith Starosta
05-26-2006, 7:18 AM
ever see deliverance:eek:
.......{shudder}.........:eek:

John Miliunas
05-26-2006, 8:19 AM
This is John....A good ways South/SouthWest of the Dells....Looking down...Shaking my head! :rolleyes: :) :cool:

Ned Bulken
05-26-2006, 8:19 AM
drat, now I have dueling banjo's running through my head :o

Mike Evertsen
05-26-2006, 8:24 AM
hey cheesehead

http://bestsmileys.com/mooners/3.gif
:D :D :D :D :D

Steve Ash
05-26-2006, 8:26 AM
Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw in Florida that had a alligator and the words "Send more tourists...the last ones were delicious"

Erin Raasch
05-26-2006, 9:01 AM
I couldn't handle living in the Dells. I was there once in the summer and will never go back. It was way to crazy. Plus it's in Wisconsin.

And that's a bad thing why?

Erin

Doyle Alley
05-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Now this is really ironic. We have the exact same bumper stickers down here because our population increases about 25% during the winter months from all the retired snowbirds that winter down here.

They went home last month and we noticed an immediate improvement. Less traffic, less waiting at restaurants, etc.

People retire to St. Petersburg - their parents live in Bradenton.

Tyler Howell
05-26-2006, 10:19 AM
I try to avoid the tourist traps but spend a lot of time and $$$ in WI with my good Bros and Sis' to the East.
Love the lakes

Wes Bischel
05-26-2006, 10:19 AM
I feel for you Karl. We are familiar with that bumper sticker around here as well. We avoid the East side of town as much as possible during "The Season". I suspect the Dells are worse than Amish country though.

Good luck,
Wes

Marty Walsh
05-26-2006, 10:25 AM
This reminds me of a bumper sticker I had when I lived in Scottsdale, Az.:

"So many snowbirds, so little freezer space!"

Talk about an influx of tourists! I dreaded the winter season! :eek:
- Marty -

Jerry Olexa
05-26-2006, 11:27 AM
Karl..And I thought you were a nice guy.:) Can't blame you. The influx disturbs the tranquility you get used to in off season. You're still in a good area most of the time.
Nice bumper sticker:D